Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 May 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We Love Food! - Day 9 - Sat 21st May 2022 - The Cheesecake Factory, Dunkin' Donuts, Publix

We Love Food - An offsite dining report - May 2022

Day 9 - Saturday 21st May 2022

Villa Breakfast, The Cheesecake Factory, Dunkin’ Donuts, Publix

We had breakfast inside the villa today, at the dining table. We weren’t heading out early as it was Scottish Cup Final day, so we needed to get that over with before we embarked on our day! Our usual villa breakfast fare of toast and fruit.

The Cheesecake Factory, Vineland

After the football had finished, we decided to go out for lunch. I had managed to convince Neil that we should give the new Cheesecake Factory at Vineland a go, so that’s where we headed. We eventually found it up behind the malls - it was a bit of a faff to get to, but that could have been our Sat Nav’s fault!

It was really busy in here, with lots of people waiting (some for takeout), and we were given a buzzer and told it would be a 20-25 minute wait. We sat outside on a bench watching the world go by while we waited. It was very hot, uncomfortably so at times. After 30 minutes, our buzzer buzzed , and we were able to head into the lovely coolness of the restaurant.

I’m sure you all know, the menu at The Cheesecake Factory is extensive…

While we were browsing the menu, we received our drinks (coke for both of us) and the bread service. The brown bread was my favourite, it was absolutely lovely - soft and tasty. The white bread was more crusty, Neil preferred this one.

Remembering that the portions here are huge, we both ordered from the lunch menu, which offers smaller portions of some of their popular meals.

Neil chose the Pasta Carbonara (Spaghetti with smoked bacon, green peas and a garlic-parmesan cream sauce). He added chicken too, and really enjoyed this.

I went for the Famous Factory Meatloaf (served with mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, grilled onions and fresh buttered corn). This was delicious, very tasty and just the right amount of food.

Now, we had no intention at all of having cheesecake, feeling that a main course here was more than enough. However, even though we were quite full, we now felt that we could maybe squeeze a slice in, if we shared. Our server here was really lovely, and we were having a laugh with her about how we would agree on which cheesecake to share. She recommended the White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, which is the one I wanted anyway, so that’s what we had! Neil had wanted the strawberry one, but with both me and the server against him, it was a losing battle for him! We both agreed that this was a great choice, it was so good!

At $54.26 + tip, this was one of our more expensive lunches, but well worth it.

Dunkin’ Donuts (Osceola Polk Line/Lake Wilson Rd corner)

Neil loves donut’s and had been desperate to get some from either Krispy Kreme or Dunkin’. We passed a Dunkin’ Donuts on our way home, so we decided to stop in and get some. They didn’t have a great selection, but we ended up with a box of 6 donuts (I think there were a mix of strawberry glaze, apple cinnamon, jelly and cinnamon) and a box of 10 mixed munchkins (donut holes). Looking at the pic, there are a lot more than 10 in the box! This came to $10.20. Unfortunately, I really didn’t rate these, they just didn’t have much flavour and didn't seem all that fresh. Neil agreed, that they aren’t as nice as Krispy Kreme so we’ll stick with those next time.

Publix, Loughman Crossing

Also on our way home, after getting the donuts, we stopped at our local Publix for some beer, crisps and lemonade (just the essentials ). $21.93 for these bits.

Still full from our big lunch, we just shared a bowl of crisps later, while sitting out under the lanai, then some donuts after we came inside.

Total food/drinks spend today $86.39 + tip

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Loving your food reports, thank you 😃

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
We Love Food - An offsite dining report - May 2022

Day 9 - Saturday 21st May 2022

Villa Breakfast, The Cheesecake Factory, Dunkin’ Donuts, Publix

We had breakfast inside the villa today, at the dining table. We weren’t heading out early as it was Scottish Cup Final day, so we needed to get that over with before we embarked on our day! Our usual villa breakfast fare of toast and fruit.

The Cheesecake Factory, Vineland

After the football had finished, we decided to go out for lunch. I had managed to convince Neil that we should give the new Cheesecake Factory at Vineland a go, so that’s where we headed. We eventually found it up behind the malls - it was a bit of a faff to get to, but that could have been our Sat Nav’s fault!

It was really busy in here, with lots of people waiting (some for takeout), and we were given a buzzer and told it would be a 20-25 minute wait. We sat outside on a bench watching the world go by while we waited. It was very hot, uncomfortably so at times. After 30 minutes, our buzzer buzzed , and we were able to head into the lovely coolness of the restaurant.

I’m sure you all know, the menu at The Cheesecake Factory is extensive…

While we were browsing the menu, we received our drinks (coke for both of us) and the bread service. The brown bread was my favourite, it was absolutely lovely - soft and tasty. The white bread was more crusty, Neil preferred this one.

Remembering that the portions here are huge, we both ordered from the lunch menu, which offers smaller portions of some of their popular meals.

Neil chose the Pasta Carbonara (Spaghetti with smoked bacon, green peas and a garlic-parmesan cream sauce). He added chicken too, and really enjoyed this.

I went for the Famous Factory Meatloaf (served with mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, grilled onions and fresh buttered corn). This was delicious, very tasty and just the right amount of food.

Now, we had no intention at all of having cheesecake, feeling that a main course here was more than enough. However, even though we were quite full, we now felt that we could maybe squeeze a slice in, if we shared. Our server here was really lovely, and we were having a laugh with her about how we would agree on which cheesecake to share. She recommended the White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, which is the one I wanted anyway, so that’s what we had! Neil had wanted the strawberry one, but with both me and the server against him, it was a losing battle for him! We both agreed that this was a great choice, it was so good!

At $54.26 + tip, this was one of our more expensive lunches, but well worth it.

Dunkin’ Donuts (Osceola Polk Line/Lake Wilson Rd corner)

Neil loves donut’s and had been desperate to get some from either Krispy Kreme or Dunkin’. We passed a Dunkin’ Donuts on our way home, so we decided to stop in and get some. They didn’t have a great selection, but we ended up with a box of 6 donuts (I think there were a mix of strawberry glaze, apple cinnamon, jelly and cinnamon) and a box of 10 mixed munchkins (donut holes). Looking at the pic, there are a lot more than 10 in the box! This came to $10.20. Unfortunately, I really didn’t rate these, they just didn’t have much flavour and didn't seem all that fresh. Neil agreed, that they aren’t as nice as Krispy Kreme so we’ll stick with those next time.

Publix, Loughman Crossing

Also on our way home, after getting the donuts, we stopped at our local Publix for some beer, crisps and lemonade (just the essentials ). $21.93 for these bits.

Still full from our big lunch, we just shared a bowl of crisps later, while sitting out under the lanai, then some donuts after we came inside.

Total food/drinks spend today $86.39 + tip
That pasta looked Yummy at CF 😋😋
Shame about DD we love them but always go first thing maybe for breakfast and they are fresh
This would’ve been my best day for food
2 of my all time favourites

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

I had that cheesecake - it was delicious. Shame about the doughnuts though.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
SUPERHOOP66
Proud to wear my Ears

SUPERHOOP66's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Love the Mickey doughnut at the end of your report
Old 1 Jun 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a perfect food day Lynda 😊
I cannot wait to eat at CCF again , I’m usually a pasta girl there but your meatloaf may have persuaded me to veer next visit
I must say I love Dunkin but those donuts did look a little sad it won’t put me off though
Crisps are always at the top of my essentials list
Thanks xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Love the cheesecake factory..
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by spenners View Post
Loving your food reports, thank you 😃
Thank you for reading along

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
That pasta looked Yummy at CF 😋😋
Shame about DD we love them but always go first thing maybe for breakfast and they are fresh
This would’ve been my best day for food
2 of my all time favourites
It was all really good at CF. It was quite late in the day when we bought our donuts, I think you may be right, that we should have got some in the morning.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I had that cheesecake - it was delicious. Shame about the doughnuts though.
The cheesecake was soooo good . I think like Claire said above, the donuts are probably better in the morning.

Originally Posted by SUPERHOOP66 View Post
Love the Mickey doughnut at the end of your report
Haha, I couldn't resist

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
What a perfect food day Lynda 😊
I cannot wait to eat at CCF again , I’m usually a pasta girl there but your meatloaf may have persuaded me to veer next visit
I must say I love Dunkin but those donuts did look a little sad it won’t put me off though
Crisps are always at the top of my essentials list
Thanks xx
The Cheesecake Factory was great, definitely one of our best meals - you should try the meatloaf, you won't be disappointed

We possibly caught Dunkin' at the wrong time of day, but might well stick to Krispy next time - we'll see!

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
Love the cheesecake factory..
It was a great choice for us!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Beer and lemonade are definitely essentials when you're away. A shame the donuts didn't live up to expectations.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I love the Cheesecake Factory and your food looked amazing.

Shame about the Dunkin’ donuts x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List