Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 22, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Anyone had trouble booking vegas shows through MGM?

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem?

I’ve been trying for a few days to book tournament of the kings directly for August.

Every time I try and make the payment it is failing. I’ve now tried Lots of different cards (Mastercard/visa/debit/credit) and I get the same thing every time! 😡

I don’t really want to go through a third party site as this will cost about £50 more. It’s driving me mad!
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem?

I’ve been trying for a few days to book tournament of the kings directly for August.

Every time I try and make the payment it is failing. I’ve now tried Lots of different cards (Mastercard/visa/debit/credit) and I get the same thing every time! 😡

I don’t really want to go through a third party site as this will cost about £50 more. It’s driving me mad!
Hi, did you get this resolved? it's happening to me now. I've tried different devices, cards and nothing is working.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Hi, did you get this resolved? it's happening to me now. I've tried different devices, cards and nothing is working.
Hi ya, no I didn’t. I ended up booking through a more expensive third party out of laziness. All the Google searches etc that I did suggested it would definitely be a card issue rather than mgm but I knew it wasn’t. My only suggestion would be to try and call them. Good luck. Might be worth posting if you get it sorted as I’m sure we can’t be the only two this has ever happened to! Good luck.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Hi ya, no I didn’t. I ended up booking through a more expensive third party out of laziness. All the Google searches etc that I did suggested it would definitely be a card issue rather than mgm but I knew it wasn’t. My only suggestion would be to try and call them. Good luck. Might be worth posting if you get it sorted as I’m sure we can’t be the only two this has ever happened to! Good luck.
Hiya, so, someone on MSE had the same issue. He called them and tried to do it over the phone. Apparently the issue is some American sites will not accept the security number from UK cards. And that site seems to be one of them. It wasn't like that before though. He has managed to get them to hold his tickets anyway. My son has an AMEX, I'm not sure it that may go through, but not bothered either way now. It's strange that I could reserve a cabana on their site but not show tickets, although it was a different host site I think.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Hiya, so, someone on MSE had the same issue. He called them and tried to do it over the phone. Apparently the issue is some American sites will not accept the security number from UK cards. And that site seems to be one of them. It wasn't like that before though. He has managed to get them to hold his tickets anyway. My son has an AMEX, I'm not sure it that may go through, but not bothered either way now. It's strange that I could reserve a cabana on their site but not show tickets, although it was a different host site I think.
Thanks for the update. We lost a few days of our lives to this repeatedly trying every single card we had 😂
Old 30 Jul 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I also had this issue. Halifax suggested it might be down to 'gambling restrictions' on the card but I paid with my hotel room on the card, it just then wouldn't allow show tickets. I booked the tickets through Vegas.com in the end.
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Just managed to book the tickets using my sons AMEX. So it will accept those cards