Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jun 22, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

My 8 year old was very excited to see that it has a 51inch height requirement and that she can actually ride it (she is 52 inches). Given how desperate she is to ride the big rides (and being dissapointed to be too short for Hulk or the coasters at SeaWorld) it made her day seeing the 51 listed on Universal's website.

But at the moment her biggest ride has been Vampire at Chessington so im a little nervous she is going to back out after a long queue (at least I assume we could then use the child swap room). The plan is to build her up on the mountains, guardians and Rock & Rollercoaster so at least she has some experience of bigger rides first.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by mandevillepete View Post
I rode it in January. Hated every second. Everyone else loved it though.
Agree with this, and other similar posts, rode it in May... never again!
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

It’s absolutely amazing. I get motion sickness so was very apprehensive but ride it on our last night. Wish I had gone on it sooner, it is just so fast but very very smooth. The flick and turns are just brilliant.
And I it didn’t make me sick.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pinkandfluffy View Post
Ooh, I love coasters but I do like to feel secure. Reading all the responses here, this has got me nervous. Do you feel secure despite the ‘air time?’
This is me… I hope someone can reassure us or else I won’t be going on and I’ll be talking dd out of it too!
Old 28 Jun 22, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Incredible, intense but yes scary due to the amount of air time/relying on the restraint time. There is always a chicken exit, you just might have to step over the carriage or maybe exit via the child swap area or something. The last time i rode it I think I was more scared as I saw the girl behind me chicken out near the end of the single rider line (she seemed to turn right rather than crossing the cars) and the train before mine, a teenage lad got them to release the restraints so he could chicken out, his dad stayed on though which I respect
Old 28 Jun 22, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by pinkandfluffy View Post
Ooh, I love coasters but I do like to feel secure. Reading all the responses here, this has got me nervous. Do you feel secure despite the ‘air time?’
No, in all honesty you dont. It's a thigh restraint so your whole upper body is free and you're flying upside down over water. My wife rode it once and said never again, despite being a huge Jurassic Park fan.
I think I was more concerned about my ticket being secure than me (you need it for the lockers now) I hid it in my shoe the first time then the second time it was on a lanyard it went down my top and in my bra and I still wasnt sure, so it was zippy pockets the third time
Old 28 Jun 22, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jo21977
Excited about Disney

Close your eyes and hold on tight! We rode it this week and it was by far the most intense coaster I’ve ever been on! DH got off it white and shaking like a jelly, DD can’t wait to get back on 😂 Brilliant theming though!
Old 28 Jun 22, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
m8rty
Getting Excited

It's a top tier coaster in every aspect.
The roll over the water at the end literally throws you out of your seat!

I was convinced that Iron Gwazi to be my fav coaster of the trip but I think this took the crown.
m8rty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

It thought the corkscrew over the water was the least scary part, i absolutely hated the vertical climb bit omg i was screaming so much but overall it is a phenomenal coaster and i would go back on it again given the chance.
Old 28 Jun 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List