Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Jun 22, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
jo21977
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by RiverandMummy View Post
Thanks for everyone’s responses, loved reading them all.

I’m certainly going to give it a go………………………… maybe lol
Do it! I’m a complete wuss normally and stick to Everest/space/thunder etc but rode Hulk last time so was dying to do velocicoaster this time! So so intense but very proud of myself for not chickening out 😂😂
Old 30 Jun 22, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Stevey81 View Post
With just the waist restraint, you'd wonder how it holds you in so securely? My daughter is 7, meets (and exceeds the height requirement) and is dying to do it. I'm happy enough to ride myself, but will worry about her slipping out!
You're sat down and it restrains over your thighs on each individual person, so it's fitted to your body. You can't slip out, but it feels weird and scary, I did love it and rode it 3 times.
Old 30 Jun 22, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
it's incredibly smooth and fast.

To anyone considering doing it, I'd say what we always say to our 12-y-o son when he's contemplating whether he should do something: do it once as you might love it. if you don't, you never have to do it again.

(This doesn't apply to coasters - he loves them!)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

I rode this yesterday and absolutely hated it - I know you can’t fall out but every time it went upside down I felt like I was coming out of my seat and I couldn’t hold on as my hands were so clammy 😂
I had my eyes closed for most of the ride too. I just wanted to do it one time, but, never again!
My dd loved it though.😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I absolutely loved it but I have been a roller coaster fan since I was a child. Im 71 now & didn’t find it tough at all. Nothing like as bad as Skyrush at Hersheypark. That was once and done for me. 😱
Just remember it’s a lot safer than being in a car!
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Absolutely terrifying. Screamed so much that I couldn’t talk when it stopped because my mouth was so dry.

But it was amazing and so glad I did it (I almost didn’t dare!)
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Best ride for me, never screamed as much for any ride.

I purposely did not read anything about the ride, didnt even know if I would fit as I am plus size, saw the lap belts and was less confident, but I fitted and loved every scream.

I know my DS wouldnt have been ready for that ride before he was 14ish (hes a 24 yo adrenalin junkie now) but I also know my niece would have loved it at 10
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Loved it. It’s a thing of beauty, the ride, the theming, the locker system and the line.

It’s so smooth. Early entry for the first ride of our holiday on Monday 🤞
Old 1 Jul 22, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Air Hercs
Helping Mickey

Yes! A Rescuer trip report to look forward to! Have a great time.
Air Hercs is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it's one of those you potentially have to ride it to decide...I know that sounds silly, but like many others have said I'll ride any coaster, I love them and have never had any issues with them/been scared/felt ill. Some of my friends who have ridden it have been absolutely fine and would have gone straight back on it.

However this made my life flash before my eyes and I was ill! I was so excited and went on it with my brother. I hated that it was only a waist restraint (how it been similar to the likes of hulk I may have felt different) the airtime out my seat made me fear for my life! For me it started off absolutely fine, even going up to the top of that high drop, however when it got to the top and went over that's when things changed for me, I felt like I was floating going over. When it got to the corkscrew my head felt like it was going to explode. We got back to the loading bay and I was shaking, I felt like I was going to throw up, I couldn't stand straight for about 2 hours! I couldn't face eating or drinking anything and I parked myself up outside Three Broomsticks for about 2 hours in the shade with the cool from the restaurant whilst my family went off and enjoyed Hogsmede! The thing that made me feel better, melon! Dad brought me a pot of melon, I wolfed the lot and it was like the last few hours hadn't even happened I will say though it is very smooth and the theming is incredible.

Would I try it again next time I'm there potentially! Someone suggested some great motion sickness tablets from Walmart (I can't remember the name), but I was told to take them about an hour before I go on it. I wanted to enjoy it so much so I'm willing to try something different that may mean I enjoy it. If I still don't then I know it's not for me.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List