Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 1 Jul 22, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cloud
Imagineer

cloud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
One for the ladies

Help just been invited by ds who lives in U S to join them at Palm Springs luxury resort in Dec nice you say but Ime in a blind panic as Ime a retired lady size 20 with a large heavy bust the thought of having to wear a swimsuit fills me with horror😩 I’ve trolled the internet but none do a long enough skirt and built in support up top those foam rabbit ear inserts wouldn’t hold up two fried eggs let alone my bazookas ! Any suggestions would be most welcome I checked out bravissimo but they don’t do my size

Seattle December 2022
cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Marks and Spencers do all sizes with support. Don't know if they do one with a skirt though.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

I know exactly how you feel, Ive struggled with finding swimwear for decades now. I’m a 34H size 14/16 and used to be a 38J and size 20. My best advice is to buy a bra sized black bikini top and then a swimsuit over the top, either with built in skirt or you can buy separately. I’ve had a couple of the blouson type swimsuits that I felt more comfortable in and I felt as they had black straps anyway you couldn’t distinguish the bikini top from them really a game changer!
My other suggestion would be a good fitting bra sized swimsuit with a lace type tunic over the top. This is what I favour now.
Have a search on ebay(new) and Amazon. Ive found quite a few of the good support brands on there like panache and Freya. I think Curvy Kate may also do swimwear?
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Can you not buy it over there ? I think they have a lot better range of swimwear in the US , than over here.
Old 1 Jul 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cloud
Imagineer

cloud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks petit pois

Seattle December 2022
cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
Can you not buy it over there ? I think they have a lot better range of swimwear in the US , than over here.
I think she'd struggle to find something for boobs - they seem to have a disappointing approach to large supportive cup sizes in basic bras, let alone swimwear. It's one thing (or two things, snigger) that I've noticed when visiting the US - badly fitting bras in the larger lady.

Just wear an appropriately coloured bra under your swimsuit - you'll be far more comfortable and nobody really notices - we all wear them at aquafit - it's a game changer!

ETA - I've bought the cheap swimdresses on ebay/amazon which tend to have a decent length of skirt, better than the more expensive brands, some even have shorts under, and when worn with a bra are perfect.

Edited at 10:57 PM.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

I’ve got like a long halter neck top and shorts swim ones. Few years old from yoursclothing.

It’s what I wore to Disney and now for the gym to. Even if I take the halter neck top off it still stays up.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I haven't bought swimwear from this co but I have bought several pairs of 3/4 and full length trousers (their basic range) and a sleeveless top whilst on holiday in Australia. They are an Australian brand (I think) and the material is designed for a warm climate. I've posted a link to their swimwear if this helps, you may see something suitable here takingshape/UK/holiday-shop/swimwear/. I've bought a couple of costumes from m and s this year. I miss BHS, they had a great swimwear collection
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi not sure how much u want to spend , bravissimo. There are several sites if you do a quick search
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Im surprised bravissimo don't do your size, I had a K cup from them years ago