Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Jul 22, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s been a squeeze in the one room with so much equipment

I Said re points I do not want them put back into my account to loose as they were last years points

I even asked if there was any other assessable rooms in property but he said no , I had the manager by this time , waiting on an email from him
Re lost points

Check out 10 and checkin 4 eh NO , said and what do you want me to do with all the stuff for 6 hours , we have hoist , shower chairs purple lockers suitcase so
refused that and so they took this room out of service and let us keep it until other room is ready

But this room doesn’t exist so when I asked for extra pillows for david housekeeping said you are not in the room you claim, never got them

Honestly you could not make all this up

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle99
VIP Dibber

I really feel for you. We had the same happen to us at beach club in 2017. Arrived and were told no accessible room. I just wanted to cry. My husband said ok no prob we’ll take any accessible deluxe room on property at your expense and you can refund us for this reservation. They tried to put us in a standard room for one night then transfer us next day. We said no thank you. Half hour later we were in an accessible ground floor 2 bedroom suite which we stayed in for the entire 8 nights. They comped us the dining plan for all 6 of us too.
It’s too bad that we have to fight for these things.
I really do hope you get a satisfactory outcome
Belle99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
It’s been a squeeze in the one room with so much equipment

I Said re points I do not want them put back into my account to loose as they were last years points

I even asked if there was any other assessable rooms in property but he said no , I had the manager by this time , waiting on an email from him
Re lost points

Check out 10 and checkin 4 eh NO , said and what do you want me to do with all the stuff for 6 hours , we have hoist , shower chairs purple lockers suitcase so
refused that and so they took this room out of service and let us keep it until other room is ready

But this room doesn’t exist so when I asked for extra pillows for david housekeeping said you are not in the room you claim, never got them

Honestly you could not make all this up
I’d start quoting the ADA act. I haven’t looked at it in detail and they ‘could’ have a get out by saying it’s a members club and they are not supplying a commercial service (this is a total guess ) but I’d certainly be quoting it.

See here- wheelchairtravel/hotels/...-reservations/

Say they are in breach of their obligations and ruining your holiday and you’ll be consulting lawyers and going to the press.
Old 8 Jul 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

This is shocking, in my opinion this is where Disney is failing.

All the extra charges and money making schemes can, in a way, be understood - it’s a business.
What I really don’t understand is why such a historically renowned customer friendly business is now treating guests so badly and with such disdain.

Hope you get sorted and looked after.

Edited at 05:54 PM.
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Not acceptable by any standard, let alone Disney.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Hope you can get it sorted out soon
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I would be polite firm and quote the ADA, ask to speak to the resort manager. They do have the discretion to work wonders if you get through to the right person.

I feel angry for you that this has happened, Disney is normally so good with ADA, but from people on here, it seems it's not that unusual?

The main thing is to stand your ground tell them what YOU want and expect them to do it, be forceful and make sure it goes up the chain, the people on the front desk dont have many options but those further up do.
Old 12 Jul 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ali. If it helps you the General manager of SSR is Jeff Korte.

Always good to have a name. If you need his E Mail let me know.
Still waiting on the email , went up to front desk this morning , Brandon the manager is dealing with it apparently

Also told them not happy we had to move all that equipment ourselves despite being told bells services would help

Asked about future bookings in the fully assessable units and guy today said now that people can use their borrowed points and more staff coming on board next year should be easier 🤷

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Hope you get in your booked room soon
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
Still waiting on the email , went up to front desk this morning , Brandon the manager is dealing with it apparently

Also told them not happy we had to move all that equipment ourselves despite being told bells services would help

Asked about future bookings in the fully assessable units and guy today said now that people can use their borrowed points and more staff coming on board next year should be easier 🤷
Ali. Sad to say if they said today was Tuesday I would check my phone. The old chestnut of we will be in touch and other such nonsense. I assume you are in the Congress Park room by now? However don't let this go they owe you not only a grovelling apology but also a huge amount of Points back plus a goodwill gesture. Best of luck and enjoy your holiday. Don't spend too much on dining in Dr Phillips!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List