Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 16 Jul 22, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Good point.

I would go further, as nothing is yet purchased…

Arrive Miami as planned and head off down the keys etc, returning back up and then taking the Tamiami to Naples.
Imho and experience, you will get a far better Airboat ride at Buffalo Tiger than you ever will in the Orlando area, (I have done plenty of them).. and you will drive right past it, en route to the Gulf Coast/ Naples.

Drive up the coast to Tampa (on the Tamiami, much widening your choices of beaches.. Delnor Wiggins, Venice, Fort de Soto etc.

Do Busch, then move on to Orlando for a finale.

Fly home from Orlando.

I believe that this routing, whilst doing exactly the same itinerary (and I like your itinerary), will actually save plenty on travel time and flight costs, whilst saving money, time and complication by having just the one car hire.

Just a few thoughts!

You can look at the route between Miami and Orlando in the trip report (Toronto, Florida etc 2022), linked from my signature.. but in reverse.
I’d agree with this. Fly into south Florida, do the Keys, drive up the coast, then finish off in Orlando and flight home.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by scottish mama View Post
I’d agree with this. Fly into south Florida, do the Keys, drive up the coast, then finish off in Orlando and flight home.
Thanks, our only concern with this route is that we wanted to finish the honeymoon somewhere relaxing with beaches before flying home and our 4 nights in Orlando will probably be quite busy!
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TravelaruaL View Post
Thanks, our only concern with this route is that we wanted to finish the honeymoon somewhere relaxing with beaches before flying home and our 4 nights in Orlando will probably be quite busy!
Bypass Tampa on the way up, go to Orlando and head back to Tampa for the last week. It's only just over an hour by road so not too problematic