Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Jul 22, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I agree with Karen. I'm sure you will struggle to get an ADR for Sanaa at the right time and have to settle for Steakhouse 71

I feel like I've seen the Tequila Sunrise cocktail recently in a food report...maybe theCMG when he went earlier this year. I've got a feeling he had it for one.
You know how hard to get these ADRs are

Aaaand the day we can actually do Steakhouse71 is my real birthday day, of course it will be my birthday day every day while we’re there

Ooooh I must of missed that one, I think I’ll go search up his trippie! Thank you

I do love the encouragement I get here. BF doesn’t drink anyway so I’ll have to solo it!
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
You know how hard to get these ADRs are

Aaaand the day we can actually do Steakhouse71 is my real birthday day, of course it will be my birthday day every day while we’re there

Ooooh I must of missed that one, I think I’ll go search up his trippie! Thank you

I do love the encouragement I get here. BF doesn’t drink anyway so I’ll have to solo it!
Well if it's your birthday then you don't even need any excuses you get to do what you want

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
WDW Resorts

Let’s talk about specifics of what we are going to devour in our monster 3 weeks in Florida. I reckon even if we had 3 months we wouldn’t be able to fit it all in, but that won’t stop us from trying! I'm going to start off with resort hotels at WDW.

While we are staying at the 3 WDW resorts I want us to be able to enjoy as many of the lounges, quick service and table service on offer.

We’re only at All Star Sports for two nights, but their food options are limited. The End Zone Food Court offers all the usual breakfast options the same as other food courts. The lunch and dinner menu looks pretty bog standard with burgers, chicken strips, hotdogs, pizza and pasta. There is also the option of seared salmon, roasted turkey or braised beef dinner, all of which sound great. But as we are only going to be using it on our arrival night I’m going to have to settle for just having one of these.

The pool bar Grandstand Spirits is on my list – I’m hoping that in the afternoon of our 1st day the rain holds off and we can get a swim in and I will indulge in a cocktail. This is going to be hard to narrow down , there are a few that look good like the Cucumber and Mint Vojito or the Poolside Iced Tea.

At WL I’ve booked an ADR for Whispering Canyon Café, we have eaten here before, but only Max had the skillet and I am keen to rectify this!

I’m also tempted to try and fit in a breakfast there too, but I decided to wait and see how we go, maybe we will slot one in on one of the water park days.

I’ve not booked up Story Book Dining as we’ve done that before and as it's a character meal we aren’t that fussed about returning.

We have also had drinks in Territory Lounge before, but I want to go back as this has a lovely small plates menu that I’m really tempted by. I can’t wait to try out the Chipotle BBQ glazed Ribs, the Chardonnay Fondue the Charcuterie. There are loads of cocktails here that I want to try out and we both love the Smoked Turkey – which we have recreated at home. So, I suspect we will have to stop here a couple of times.

I’m also keen to eat at Geyser Point as many times as we can . There is so much on the menu that I’m excited to try out, who am I kidding? I want to eat all the small bits on the menu and I’m keen to try out what they are calling ‘Rustic Fare’ and of course there are some fantastic cocktails too. The Rough Rider Sour sounds like a lovely whiskey sour and I’m also partial to a mule and the Black Cherry Mule is calling me. I will do my best to work through as many of the cocktails here as possible in our 8 day stay.

The Wilderness Lodge QS, Roaring Fork, also has some tasty looking snacks that we absolutely must try. I’m particularly looking forward to their chicken and waffles for breakfast, oh and their ranger hash. Chicken and waffles is also on the lunch and dinner menu, which is a bonus . Plus, the Lumberjack Platter sounds fab, with pulled pork, mac and cheese, corn bread and coleslaw. I know that Kate will want to try out the pulled pork sandwich as she loves pulled pork. Of course, there is also the Magic Cookie Bar which I’ve read about on here and I’m desperate to try this too.

When we go over to Boardwalk we don’t have that many options within the hotel. The Belle Vue Lounge is open for breakfast snacky breakfast items such as muffins and croissants, but then it closes until 5pm after which it only serves alcohol and there doesn’t seem to be any food served.

On the Boardwalk itself we hope to finally make it to Abracadabar. I’m very keen to try out all the cocktails here but of course will have to limit myself.

Given this is the second half of the holiday we are going to be around the pool a fair bit and the QS at the resort isn’t great which is a bit of a pain . Also, it’s a shame we can’t just nip into Epcot and eat around the World or enjoy some of the Food and Wine snacks . We’ve never been to F&W as it’s never started as early as this year in the past. The park passes has scuppered those plans . Anyway, I’ll have to just get over that!

Leaping Horse Libations, the pool QS, has a pretzel hot dog that I am keen to try, but otherwise it’s pretty boring stuff. The one redeeming feature is the cocktails .

Out on the Boardwalk itself there are a few different options. We’ve eaten at the Pizza window before and I suspect that at some point we will grab a pizza for lunch or a late night snack. The Boardwalk bakery is limited to sandwiches and pastries, so is a possibility for a lunch, but we’re not that fussed about this. Big River Grille looks like a good option for a casual lunch, I’ve not bothered booking an ADR but it seems likely that we will pop in there at least once during our stay.

Over at Yacht and Beach there are a few options and I’ve booked an ADR at Ale and Compass for a late lunch, but I’m also tempted by their breakfast buffet.

I’ve also booked an ADR for Beaches and Cream as we all love their sandwiches and Kate is desperate to eat the best grilled cheese and tomato soup she’s ever had in her life again.

Cape May Café hasn’t returned to a character dining yet, but I decided to go here for a late breakfast and I have booked an ADR. I’ve not booked us into The Yachtsman as we’ve eaten here before and while the steak and the garlic rolls were delicious I just can’t justify $50+ on a steak when I know I can go offsite and get just as good an option for half the price.

As for other resort meals and reservations. I do plan on us doing a bit of a monorail crawl, bearing in mind we will have a 15 year old in tow it will be a sedate crawl. I’d like to start in the Steakhouse 71 lounge, we had a lovely time here back in 2016 when it was The Wave. Then we will move onto the Poly, likely we won’t get into Trader Sam’s and I certainly won’t be waiting for a long time, if we’re lucky we might find a spot on the terrace. If not we will go up to the Tambu Lounge outside Ohana and then onto the Grand Floridian. At GF we’ve eaten at Narcoossee’s before and loved it! But, I want to stick to the lounges so we will head to Citricos lounge or Enchanted Rose. I’m planning on doing this before a late night at MK on a Wednesday when it’s open for extra evening hours for deluxe resort guests. Not sure how long we will last at the late night event, hopefully the monorail crawl sets us up for it and doesn't have the opposite effect .

I’ve also booked up Sanaa as an ADR. We’ve never made it over to AKL and so the whole experience of seeing AKL Jambo House and the Kidani Village area is something I’m looking forward to and of course we have to have the Bread Service.

The other resort ADR I’ve booked is for Trails End at Fort Wilderness. Again, this is a new to us buffet as we’ve never done this before either.

Ok, that's it for the WDW resort hotel dining plans. Next up I'll share our table service ADRs for in the parks and at Disney Springs.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Yay! I’m so excited for this!

And you’re nearly on SDD! Woo hoo!

Will you be posting live?
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Yay! I’m so excited for this!

And you’re nearly on SDD! Woo hoo!

Will you be posting live?
Yes so close now. I'll be dancing for single digit day.

I am planning on updating live. I did the Jamaica report live last summer and it was fun. So, yes the food report will be live. It's such a lot of fun to share it with all you cheerleaders back home.

Old 16 Jul 22, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Your Magic Cookie Bar picture just reminded me that I forgot to walk over to POR to get one while we were at POFQ! Definitely need to do that next time!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Some great resort options! I’m particularly looking forward to seeing Geyser Point and Sanaa.

Have you seen that the Boardwalk Bakery is reopening as the Boardwalk Deli? I wonder if it may happen during your stay! disneyfoodblog/2022/...boardwalk-inn/
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Wonderful! Looking forward to following xxxx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Your Magic Cookie Bar picture just reminded me that I forgot to walk over to POR to get one while we were at POFQ! Definitely need to do that next time!
I've seen them on here a few times, but never had one! It looks delicious.

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Some great resort options! I’m particularly looking forward to seeing Geyser Point and Sanaa.

Have you seen that the Boardwalk Bakery is reopening as the Boardwalk Deli? I wonder if it may happen during your stay! disneyfoodblog/2022/...boardwalk-inn/
No i haven't seen that thank you for letting me know.

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
Wonderful! Looking forward to following xxxx
Thank you, I hope it's fun to read x

Old 16 Jul 22, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Also, it’s a shame we can’t just nip into Epcot and eat around the World or enjoy some of the Food and Wine snacks . We’ve never been to F&W as it’s never started as early as this year in the past. The park passes has scuppered those plans . Anyway, I’ll have to just get over that!
Why can't you nip into Epcot for F&W etc? As long as you go to your chosen/reserved park in the morning you can hop back and forth.

I guess won't work if you don't want to go to your booked park in the evening but worth keeping in mind.
Lizzim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List