Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 18 Jul 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Salou/Portaventura with adult wristbands and a 21st. Salou June/July 2022. Day 4. We split up.

Saturday 2nd July.

Index
The children got up early, ready for their day in Barcelona and had breakfast before us.
Matt and I sat in the little outside area which was lovely.

Didn’t fancy a fry up today.

I had become addicted to the little donuts.
Last night I had tried to pre book a taxi, the buses really couldn’t be relied on this trip. You could only pre book taxis to the airport or Tarragona train station though.
Jess ordered one at reception but couldn’t tell you how long it would be, they gave Jess a number and told them to wait.
I met them at reception, this was a mistake as I always get anxiety about travelling. Their train was booked for 10am, it was 9.20, still plenty of time for a taxi but just enough time to walk.
A taxi pulled up for someone else, she couldn’t give an arrival time either. Then a taxi came and shouted their number and off they went. It was €10.
They got there in plenty of time, the queue at the ticket machine was huge and still going as the train arrived. They were very happy they brought in advance and couldn’t see if everyone made it on the train.

Matt and I went to look in the shops.

I brought a couple of gifts and an inflatable surf board. I liked some clothes but they only seemed to have small.
Back at the hotel we sat in the outside bar.

I started a book by Harlan Coben and we enjoyed the weather.
We went to lunch in the restaurant for the first time.

I spoke to the manager and ordered a birthday cake for Jess.
We were going to have a meal out but as we could book the a la carte restaurant and the children had enjoyed it, we just thought it would be easier to stay at the hotel. The cake and a bottle of cava was €30.
We then had a walk along the beach, down the steps, easier than going up as it’s quite a climb, to a lovely little wooden walkway, I love this.

The beach was busy.

We were looking for a water sports kiosk but couldn’t see one anywhere, you could only book online.
Back at the hotel, Matt chilled out in the room and I found a sun bed and carried on reading.

The hotel has two pools, this one isn’t as deep as the one nearer the bar so it was busy.
Matt joined me and I had a swim, temperature was perfect, we are used to freezing cold in October so it was a nice change to enjoy it. A game of water volleyball started so I got out and dried off.
We had a couple of drinks at the bar pool.

Before getting ready for dinner.

The entertainment was a magician, not really our thing so we sat near the bar area and had drinks until Jess called, she asked if I could order a taxi, reception said no but at the same time Matt told me a bus had come and they were on their way. We got a couple of drinks in for them and we sat in the upstairs bar chatting until midnight.
They had really enjoyed their day, the gaudi park tickets only got them into the outside which used to be free. This was annoying but they were ok with this as they didn’t have time anyway.
They also visited the science museum, a highlight for Jess, it had a rainforest and she loved it.
Last stop was sagrada familia.
They navigated the subway and the train journey perfectly. A guest had told me she had a nightmares journey on the way home so it was good to hear they didn’t have any problems.
Photos sent on the group chat.

Edited at 01:45 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 22, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad that the children had a fab day out in Barcelona! And your day was very relaxing- just what you need on holiday!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Glad that the children had a fab day out in Barcelona! And your day was very relaxing- just what you need on holiday!
They really enjoyed it and it was nice to have a day without anything planned for Matt and I.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List