Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Just booked a DL only trip

Hi all,

I have just booked our 2nd trip to Disneyland for February 2023, staying at Desert Palms and flying with Aer Lingus.
Only going for 1 week and planning to get 5 maybe 6 day park tickets with Genie+

Got a really good deal and paying less than we did 2 years ago.

Anyone been lately to Desert Palms and have a review?

Also looking on the Disney site it looks like you can only get tickets 3 months before, is this the case?

Really excited and can't wait to go back

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitch73 View Post
Hi all,

I have just booked our 2nd trip to Disneyland for February 2023, staying at Desert Palms and flying with Aer Lingus.
Only going for 1 week and planning to get 5 maybe 6 day park tickets with Genie+
The max days you can get at Disneyland is 5 days. I'm just back and did 4 days and that was plenty. I did 2 days in each park. I have just finished my trip report https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1229463

Genie+ will really maximize your park days and make it all so much more efficient. And the added bonus of Photopass makes it a no brainer

Also looking on the Disney site it looks like you can only get tickets 3 months before, is this the case?

Really excited and can't wait to go back
Yes thats correct, but I wouldn't worry too much. Very few people book that far in advance, so you want have issues with park reservations. Park reservations really only get booked up about 3 weeks in advance.

When you book the tickets direct with Disney, you will do the park reservations before the payment.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
The max days you can get at Disneyland is 5 days. I'm just back and did 4 days and that was plenty. I did 2 days in each park. I have just finished my trip report https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1229463

Genie+ will really maximize your park days and make it all so much more efficient. And the added bonus of Photopass makes it a no brainer

Yes thats correct, but I wouldn't worry too much. Very few people book that far in advance, so you want have issues with park reservations. Park reservations really only get booked up about 3 weeks in advance.

When you book the tickets direct with Disney, you will do the park reservations before the payment.
Thanks for the response

Can you not buy multiple tickets? We did 5 last time and this time we have an almost full day before we have to go to LAX so was hoping to get another day at CA

Genie+ defiantly is a no brainer, wouldn't be without my Disney photos

So used to booking my tickets so far in advance for WDW and last time we only booked 2 months before we went so tickets were available

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Thanks for the response

Can you not buy multiple tickets? We did 5 last time and this time we have an almost full day before we have to go to LAX so was hoping to get another day at CA
To get park tickets for 6 days you can buy
  • 5 days and one day
    or
  • 4 days and 2 days
    or
  • 3 days and 3 days

But doing multiple tickets will work out expensive.

I would get 5 days and have a rest day / no park day in the middle.

The only thing really that you need to keep on your toes for is the dining reservations. They are booking out fast so you need to book at 60 days in advance at 2pm UK time.

The dining reservations system also includes the restaurants in Downtown Disney, Disneyland Hotel and in Grand California Hotel.

Also the dining reservations are done day by day.

Edited at 03:59 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Its a great little park - easily doable in a day or 2 at a relaxed pace. It has a certain vibe I first felt in the 1960’s - Walts shoes. Been back most years since and worked closes for over 10 years and never got boarded of visiting most Sunday morning (the quietest times )

Enjoy - I KNOW you will and very happy to answer any questions you have about LA greater areas (know it like the back of my hand so to speak )

I am away on Vacation at the moment so only looking at the DIbb know and again so apologies if I cant come back to your for a day or 2

Edited at 10:41 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List