Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jul 22, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Out of interest for those who’ve done cruises (Disney or other CL’s) is this lack of housekeeping apart there as well?
No its back to normal on the cruiselines.

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Over 2 weeks in beach club is going to be fun with dh then!
We stayed at Yacht Club in May and asked at reception for Daily Housekeeping. They phoned and we were allowed it for the 3 rooms we had so worth asking when you check in. They can only say no. There were 2 days they forgot to come and do our rooms but we pretty much had pre-covid housekeeping which was great.

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
So what I’m getting is the cruise ships seem to have it sorted, plenty of staff, housekeeping done as ever, really well but not done in hotels upwards sometimes of hundreds of pounds per night. Not a chance would I pay to stay in any hotel that did not service the rooms especially at that price. As for tipping HA not on your nelly.
For cruiselines they don't need US visas to employ people so can get people in relatively quickly and fill positions from foreign work force. For the US positions they have to fill using US residents as "cleaning" isn't considered a trade shortage (which is one of the reasons you can employ foreign staff). This means if there aren't people willing to be employed then they don't have the staff numbers. Personally I would rather they had less hotel availability and gave proper housekeeping but they are a company and would rather make money providing a shoddy service

Originally Posted by Lozzi View Post
What are the security visits please ? TIA
Its to check that you aren't a danger to anyone etc. They just knock the door and check that there is nothing dodgy going on. Quite often they will go in when you aren't even there so you don't notice them. We never saw anyone in the 14 days we were at the Yacht club so assumed they came when we were out.
Old 22 Jul 22, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I don't think it is the law just a policy some hotels have introduced but they don't have to every day. They should and could take note of a door sign but that would make more work for them as they would gave to return later
Now if they provided housekeeping every day then no one would mind
Old 22 Jul 22, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PopAlways View Post
I wonder if non-Disney hotels in the area aren’t providing housekeeping?
We stayed in Aventura at Universal for a week end of June/ start of July. We had housekeeping every day. Bed was made, towels changed, bathrooms cleaned, rubbish emptied and I think fresh bedding once (that I noticed). Absolutely no complaints, they were great.
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

You will be fine at Universal. We stayed 17 nights at Royal Pacific in April/ May Club Level.
Housekeeping had been by 11am every day , they made the bed , replaced the towels and left whatever toiletries we needed or asked for . Every surface was tided and the rubbish collected. Then in the evening when we returned the curtains had been closed and the bed turned down.
We did leave a tip of $3 each day as the service was outstanding …. Universal have started to do resort pick up again with anything you buy. Our purchases were delivered directly to our room within 24 hours 🥰.
We are staying at Disney on our next trip in September purely because it’s easier with our plans but I am really going to miss Royal Pacific

Sarah & Paul 😊
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I do chuckle at Disney's nonsense regarding deep cleaning of a room before Guests arrive.

Deep cleaning my ≈≈≈≈. All they do is stick the TV remote in a plastic bag. I was going to ring up and ask if they wanted a drawer full of those 'Goldfish' biscuits children eat as the top drawer in the bedroom chest had dozens of them rattling around so I had to vacuum them out.

The Guests are being taken for a ride and sad to say as the traditional American visitors only stay for circa 4 nights they get away with it. I lay money it never resumes as it was.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The inspections were introduced following the Las Vegas shootings when the offender had an arsenal of weaponry in his room and rifles propped up in the shower. Many Hotels do these checks.
Thank you. Says a lot about a country that that's a policy that has had to be introduced. Not had it other US hotels we stayed in though, not even Las Vegas (although I suspect we had daily housekeeping as was pre Covid) NY this year had no inspections or housekeeping though, we had to 'book' housekeeping if we wanted it.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
I think Ive noticed it more because Im here for a month at a time, and only spend a few hours in the parks or swimming and just enjoy the resort, so the constant interruptions are really annoying
I wish we could elect a time period rather than the randomness of it all.
To be fair security checks are usually done in the day when the expectation is most guests will be enjoying the parks.
After the Vegas shootings those checks are everywhere .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Thank you. Says a lot about a country that that's a policy that has had to be introduced. Not had it other US hotels we stayed in though, not even Las Vegas (although I suspect we had daily housekeeping as was pre Covid) NY this year had no inspections or housekeeping though, we had to 'book' housekeeping if we wanted it.
The security checks are usually done *if * housekeeping hasn’t entered the room in 24 hours , so Vegas makes sense. NY who knows , maybe they didn’t do it or maybe when you were out so unaware.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Heloise
Trying for More Ears

American here. I have not once had a security check at a hotel. I have only heard of this at Disney. On the subject of housekeeping - I have only rarely tipped housekeeping when we have accidentally made some kind of mess (spillage, etc.)

I have never stayed at a deluxe Disney resort and don't forsee that I ever will because I am unwilling to pay the extortionate price they charge. And it is completely unacceptable for there to be no housekeeping. Disney, along with other hotels, are just jumping on the bandwagon of offering less service for the same or increased price. Their excuse is "the pandemic" "lack of staff", etc. They just don't want to pay their staff a decent wage to do the job and they continue to charge the same price for the rooms - for less service. Rant now over.
Heloise is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

We are at Wilderness Lodge (hotel part, not dvd) and have had housekeeping every second day. We’ve been in twice when the daily inspection has taken place and the lady was lovely.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List