Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 Jul 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
oh - I just saw your countdown YT. Very exciting.
Yep going down to Heathrow tomorrow night for the Dibber favourite Bath Road Premier Inn stay, then flying from T5 to New Orleans at 3.30pm. We will probably be sat around all day but decided to go down night before given horror stories on Heathrow.
Looking forward to it as I’ve only had 3 days off since Xmas.
Old 24 Jul 22, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Definitely time for a vacation then though I avoid the school holidays for mine. Hope you have a fabulous time.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Definitely time for a vacation then though I avoid the school holidays for mine. Hope you have a fabulous time.
Wish we could! Next year maybe a bit as my son does his GCSE’s but I’ve been informed we can’t go straight away because we have to wait for his prom
Old 30 Jul 22, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Has anyone defaulted to taking in food to the parks. I see US guests doing this, taking in coolers but not sure that UK visitors do it as much. I only buy the refillable mugs and Starbucks "you are here" mugs (and I have way too many of those).
We take cans of drink and refillable water bottles. I have a small cooler bag and we drink the cans early. Not paying $4 for a Diet Coke, I like caffeine free anyhow.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

In terms of accessing TOTWL:
Went up to the lounge this
evening , having put ourselves on the waitlist earlier at 6pm. Gave our email address, as texts from Disney never seem to get through to our UK number. Emailed at 7.15pm to confirm we could go up. It was busy when we arrived and we sat at the bar. Quite a few ‘waitlisters’ were allowed up but all at the bar; tables being reserved for the event.
Tried a couple of the new cocktails and left at about 8.30pm. Didn’t need to stay and watch the fireworks as we’ve got a ‘fireworks view’ at BLT but there was some new outdoor seating which people were using to wait for the start of the fireworks.
Definitely wouldn’t pay for the Wicked Wind Down. Neither of our daughters are old enough to drink and one has a gluten allergy so couldn’t eat anything on the menu. It didn’t seem to be good value if kids were in your party.
It also seems to be a pain if you’re not actually staying at BLT as you’re literally hanging round waiting to be called if you’re on a waitlist.

Edited at 01:58 AM.
mousefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by mousefan View Post
evening , having put ourselves on the waitlist earlier at 6pm. Gave our email address, as texts from Disney never seem to get through to our UK number. Emailed at 7.15pm to confirm we could go up. It was busy when we arrived and we sat at the bar. Quite a few ‘waitlisters’ were allowed up but all at the bar; tables being reserved for the event.
Tried a couple of the new cocktails and left at about 8.30pm. Didn’t need to stay and watch the fireworks as we’ve got a ‘fireworks view’ at BLT but there was some new outdoor seating which people were using to wait for the start of the fireworks.
Definitely wouldn’t pay for the Wicked Wind Down. Neither of our daughters are old enough to drink and one has a gluten allergy so couldn’t eat anything on the menu. It didn’t seem to be good value if kids were in your party.
It also seems to be a pain if you’re not actually staying at BLT as you’re literally hanging round waiting to be called if you’re on a waitlist.
Great review thank you.

So reading this right Disney have created a 'them and us' situation. If you pay you get a Table. If you don't then you are mandated to sit elsewhere. I would say unbelievable but to be honest I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Another place off our list. That leaves only 3 on property we will now frequent.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1

Thanks for the review, we only ever tend to use the ToTWL when staying at BLT so easy enough to go on a wait list. We'll be happy enough to chill with a few cocktails, watch the fireworks and perhaps have another cocktail before heading back to our room.

It was always made clear that it wasn't a part of our contract at BLT and was something that could be removed at any time so good to know that we still get a chance to use it. Also It's no more of a them and us situation than direct v non direct members.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thank you for the update, glad to see we can still get up here without having to pay for food and drinks we may not want (I was uninspired by the offerings I've seen in Vlogs and we're not big drinkers), I'm looking forward to going up again, have missed it, it's a great little perk and we have great memories from here over the years

We were at BLT this month but didn't get to try as had other things planned in the evenings - didn't even see Enchantment on that trip at all!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Such true words. Disney must be World Leaders in parting people from their money. I thought Amazon was good but they aren't in the same league.
Old 3 Aug 22, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

We used to go up and have food and drink but I am not paying $55 each to do that. Also we have gone over when not staying at BLT which doesn't sound like its really viable to do now with the waitlist

Oh well less of my money for Disney.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List