Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

I am also gluten free and went to California in 2019. I can't remember too much about what I had but if you can be bothered to trawl through my trippie (it's called something with SoCal in it, can't link as I'm on my phone and my network is a bit iffy) there will be some stuff in there. I'm also doing a trippie in August and I'll add any info then about GF dining.

Off the top of my head the zoo in San Diego was useless for GF (but a fab day out) so take a picnic from elsewhere. There was an amazing bakery in San Diego that was all GF called something like starry rolls (it's Def in my trippie) and obviously all the chains you will be used to in Florida.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
I am also gluten free and went to California in 2019. I can't remember too much about what I had but if you can be bothered to trawl through my trippie (it's called something with SoCal in it, can't link as I'm on my phone and my network is a bit iffy) there will be some stuff in there. I'm also doing a trippie in August and I'll add any info then about GF dining.

Off the top of my head the zoo in San Diego was useless for GF (but a fab day out) so take a picnic from elsewhere. There was an amazing bakery in San Diego that was all GF called something like starry rolls (it's Def in my trippie) and obviously all the chains you will be used to in Florida.
Thank you so much, I’ll have a read through this afternoon!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovinit View Post
San Diego was lovely (apart from the huge flying beetle type creatures around the zoo area that terrified my son!)
😂 Those terrify me too! They’re called June bugs and luckily they are only around over the summer months. I always see them at the zoo this time of year. There was one buzzing around my car a couple of days ago- I’m glad my windows were already up!

Princess Ariel, I can confirm that the Zoo really has next to nothing in the way of gluten free food. You can bring in your own food though. I’m going to say a large number of restaurants in San Diego offer some gluten free options, sometimes they are noted directly on the main menu and other times you have to ask the server if they have a gluten free menu and they will bring one to you.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
😂 Those terrify me too! They’re called June bugs and luckily they are only around over the summer months. I always see them at the zoo this time of year. There was one buzzing around my car a couple of days ago- I’m glad my windows were already up!

Princess Ariel, I can confirm that the Zoo really has next to nothing in the way of gluten free food. You can bring in your own food though. I’m going to say a large number of restaurants in San Diego offer some gluten free options, sometimes they are noted directly on the main menu and other times you have to ask the server if they have a gluten free menu and they will bring one to you.
Thank you! Good tips re the zoo, I’ll make sure DS takes a packed lunch that day!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Tbh if you can’t eat quick service meals , you might need to up your spending budget ?

£2000 doesn’t unfortunately go far on the West Coast specially with the rate being so poor .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Tbh if you can’t eat quick service meals , you might need to up your spending budget ?

£2000 doesn’t unfortunately go far on the West Coast specially with the rate being so poor .
I’ve increased the spending budget now