Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 22, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Who has been on Iona?

We were going backwards and forwards on whether to go to DLP or not this December, then I stumbled across a 7 night cruise on Iona doing the Christmas markets at Rotterdam, Hamburg and Brugge.

First time on Iona, taking the kids (3 and 5 and yes one is coming out of school the week before Christmas holidays).

DH has allocated holidays and it’s so rare for a cruise to tie up with his dates, we are so excited
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

I'm on that one with my mum, postponed from 2019. First time on p and o for us both.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, we went on her in May half term to the Fjords. 😊
We thought it was a beautiful ship and particularly loved the infinity pools and the entertainment.
The Quays ( included) is great for breakfast- waffles and pancakes as well as full English and also for lunch ( fantastic fish and chips) and a LOT calmer than the buffet.
We didn’t have children with us so don’t know about kids clubs but happy to answer any questions 😊
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
I'm on that one with my mum, postponed from 2019. First time on p and o for us both.
Ah yay! A fellow dibber!

We have cruised with p and I before and really enjoyed it.

Don’t forget (if you drink) that you can take 1 litre of spirits or 1 bottle of wine/champagne etc onboard per person.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

We did that same cruise last year! It was disrupted due to covid and we weren’t able to stop in Hamburg plus there was lots of testing and forms involved to get off the ship so I don’t feel we had the full experience. However the ship is very nice and the itinerary (for normal times!) looks great.
kateb78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We really enjoyed our cruise on Iona. It was a staycation and we didn’t see children onboard. I did notice there was a really good play area for younger children. There is also an indoor cinema. The Quays was really lovely food, Fish and chips, an Asian fusion type place and American diner type food. We used this every lunch time. In the staycation the buffet was quite poor. Hopefully it will have improved now.

We were probably a bit naughty and took a bottle of 70cl wine and a half bottle of spirit each. A fraction over the allowance but there was no issue. You can take unlimited soft drinks. I would never buy a drinks package again. We bought the non alcoholic package and it was quite poor value really.

Have a fabulous cruise @,
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We've just transferred onto Iona. I'm quite excited about it. It looks like a very nice ship.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
We did that same cruise last year! It was disrupted due to covid and we weren’t able to stop in Hamburg plus there was lots of testing and forms involved to get off the ship so I don’t feel we had the full experience. However the ship is very nice and the itinerary (for normal times!) looks great.
Such a shame.

We’ve done this itinerary with MSC and loved it. Not MSC but the ports were great.

Looking forward to going back to Hamburg so much.
Old 24 Jul 22, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

We've been on her twice so far, once to the Canaries and the other to the Fjords. We had a wonderful time on both cruises. We really like the ship. We have 2 further cruises booked on her next year. ❤

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

We were on Iona in October with a 2 year old (only the 2nd cruise she did which wasn’t a staycation and therefore kids were allowed!)
The kids clubs are great and I’ve just seen that the cruise going this week has allowed children age 2-4 to attend the clubs by themselves (post covid they’ve had to have an adult stay which was quite restrictive). So hopefully you will have a much more normal experience!
We loved this ship and have booked Arvia for next year. Our little one loved the prom deck which is really wide and goes the whole way round the ship so was great for a walk on sea days. Lots of space generally and modern decor. Only thing I would say is the cabins are quite narrow (not a lot of room
Between end of the bed and cabin wall) which can make manoeuvring round the cabin a little tight at times. Really nice and spacious bathroom though!
Hope you have a fantastic time.
Ariel85 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List