Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Jul 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

Stansted Airport

Hi
We are flying from Stansted in a few weeks for a trip that my lovely daughter has treated me too..( 5 nights in Corfu)

Has anyone flown from here recently and if so what has the airport been like, crowds, places open?
Would it be worth paying for fast track security?
Are there places to eat after security, any recommendations?
I have flown from here in the past but just cant remember.

TIA

Sue
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello

My daughter is flying from here on Wednesday morning so I can update you if you like
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Mobile

Went twice in June, I’d definitely buy fast track, it was packed in there. Had to get breakfast from WH Smith because of the queues.

Everything was open and it was fine, just busy.
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

We normally have breakfast at weatherspoons using the app to order. Going in 3 weeks time for a lunchtime flight so hoping to pick up a sandwich in WH Smith or boots. We have treated ourselves to fast track.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We flew beginning of June & are flying in a couple of weeks from Stansted.

Security queue looked really long but it kept on moving & only took us 15 mins in the end.

The departures area was busy (we arrived about 4pm).
We ate in "Spoons". DH was reluctant as there was a huge queue but we joined it & we only waited about 15 mins to get in. It is a lot bigger than it looks outside as it has an upstairs section.
Once seated there was another long queue to order at the bar, this only took around 10 mins and food arrived at a reasonable time. (all day breakfast cooked beautifully)
We didn't mind the wait as it was a nice place to relax and wait, there was no hurry to move.

There are other places to eat & shop.

stanstedairport/at-t...ping-services/

stanstedairport/at-t...t/restaurants/

assets.live.dxp.maginfrastru...t-menu-stn.pdf

assets.live.dxp.maginfrastru...d-menu-stn.pdf
Old 24 Jul 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We flew on 6am flight with jet2 to Crete mid June. It was busy. There were queues but they moved quickly. We had done online check in so that queue was smaller. I also paid for fast track security. We were thro there in minutes. Not everything was open. We grabbed food in Pret the line for that was very long. Just check your bill my friend was over charged by quite a lot. It was chaotic in there. Massive queue for wetherspoons gave that a miss. Only in that area about an hour before moving to the gate. It was very busy but couldn't fault jet2 at all. Immigration coming home that queue was all the way back to the monorail but again it moved fast.

Edited at 01:08 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Teddyboy20
New Poster (3)

We flew yesterday morning and security was packed but there was loads of staff and all bays were open so 10-15 mins.
We had to drop off our bags with Ryanair and that was chaotic the queue was double backed around the terminal building. People say get there early but that’s the problem people infront of us were there 6 hours before the flight. Far to many people in the queue far to early created the problem.
Teddyboy20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We flew from there on May 31st - it wasn’t great. Mainly because our flight was delayed quite a bit. I really really recommend fast track for security because my daughter also flew out a bit earlier than us and she ended up running for her gate because she didn’t buy fast track and because she only took cabin bags she thought it would be a breeze. It wasn’t.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We had fast track security and was worth it, very busy, and we ate at Sunshine cafe which was nice. Loads of shops and cafes after security.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve seen recently that Stanstead is the best preforming U.K. airport by far this year in terms of delays and cancellations, I’m sure you will be fine.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List