Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Jul 22, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Sicily

We are going to Taormina Sicily at the end of September and I wonder if anyone can help with a few questions

Airport Transfer
We are not driving and need to get from Catania airport to Taormina. There will be 3 adults. Any recommendations or ideas on how much a taxi will be, I was thinking around €100, not sure if this is realistic.

Mount Etna
What is the best way to see mount Etna, do you need to hike or is it like Lanzarote where they do a bus tour?

Birthday
My daughter will be celebrating her birthday while we are there, any ideas for a good night out or maybe a boat trip?

We have never been, so any suggestions welcome 🤗
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
We are going to Taormina Sicily at the end of September and I wonder if anyone can help with a few questions

Airport Transfer
We are not driving and need to get from Catania airport to Taormina. There will be 3 adults. Any recommendations or ideas on how much a taxi will be, I was thinking around €100, not sure if this is realistic.

Mount Etna
What is the best way to see mount Etna, do you need to hike or is it like Lanzarote where they do a bus tour?

Birthday
My daughter will be celebrating her birthday while we are there, any ideas for a good night out or maybe a boat trip?

We have never been, so any suggestions welcome 🤗
Came back from Taormina a couple of weeks ago. Taxi transfer was €80 and we used taxitaormina/
They were punctual and it was a really nice Mercedes van
We did a guided tour to Mount Etna with a visit to a winery for lunch afterwards which was really nice. It was around €120 each with extra for the cable car. They are loads of cheaper tours but ours was a private one and the guide was really good. The lunch at the winery was excellent.
Take a look at Viator as they have tons of tours available.
Our hotel gave complimentary boat tours but we also used a boat company who were based at the beach. IÂ’ll try and remember how much we paid!
The godfather v mafia tour was also really good.
Taormina is absolutely stunning and we loved it - very jealous of your trip
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Oh thank you for your reply, I will look at your recommendations. The Etna tour sounds great, think the winery would go down well with my daughter 😊
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Where in Taormina are you staying
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I have booked with Air BNB so don’t have the full address yet, but it says it is near the lift that goes to the beach and a 5 minute walk to the main area of shops and restaurants.
Old 25 Jul 22, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have booked with Air BNB so don’t have the full address yet, but it says it is near the lift that goes to the beach and a 5 minute walk to the main area of shops and restaurants.
That’s the funicular which is really good. Don’t bother with taxis etc - funicular takes minutes
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Ok thanks. The complex has a pool too and lovely views from the balcony
Old 25 Jul 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Ok thanks. The complex has a pool too and lovely views from the balcony
Sounds like you will be overlooking the bay.

You'll soon find the main street with the restaurants... for something unusual try one of them that have some of their tables on the steps outside in the little side streets.
Also Caffe Wunderbar is a great place to sit, drink and people watch.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Sounds great. We are really looking forward to it xx
Old 25 Jul 22, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going near Taormina in a few weeks time
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List