Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jul 22, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nublar View Post
Thanks so much! Will have a look at Marblehead for sure. Did you rent a car? Yeah the hocus pics locations would be something we would definitely want to do!

No no, it would be for 2023 probably mid October rather than Halloween itself. Would you recommend Boston and Salem over the week or a full week at Salem?

Thanks again!
Boston is incredible so if you haven’t been it’s a must in my opinion. One of the best cities in the world for a city break holiday. I’m not sure what you’d do for a week in Salem. I’ve seen several blogs over the years and I think a day is plenty. Maybe an Airbnb and an overnight if your gf is really into it?
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks so much! Will have a look at Marblehead for sure. Did you rent a car? Yeah the hocus pics locations would be something we would definitely want to do!

No no, it would be for 2023 probably mid October rather than Halloween itself. Would you recommend Boston and Salem over the week or a full week at Salem?

Thanks again!
Yes we had a car as we drove from Tennessee to Boston

I think you’ll be fine with one day in Salem if you plan out what you want to do. This was our day itinerary (we didn’t actually get to do the seven gables tour, but I would have liked to!)
Prices were all at that time so may have changed.

Parking - Museum Place Garage - 1 New Liberty Street, Salem, MA 01970. The garage costs $1.50/hour and cash and credit are accepted.
2-Hour Salem History Walking Tour – 11:30-1:30pm, meet at The Coven’s Cottage, 190 Essex Street
Hocus Pocus Self-Guided Walking Tour:
• ALLISON’S HOUSE – THE ROPES MANSION, 318 ESSEX STREET (7 minute walk from 190 Essex Street)
• BEWITCHED SCULPTURE, Facing Old Town Hall
• OLD TOWN HALL (Halloween Party Scene), 93 WASHINGTON ST.
Lunch – Boston Hot Dog Company, 60 Washington St
• Salem Witch Museum, 19 1/2 N Washington Square – open until 5pm, costs $13 per person
• SALEM COMMON, N Washington Square,
• Salem Witch Trials Memorial, 24 Liberty St
• DANI & MAX’S HOUSE – 4 OCEAN AVE. (29 minute walk away)
• FOREST RIVER PARK – Beside Dani’s House (home to Pioneer Village which will be closed)
The House of the Seven Gables – open 10:00am – 5:00pm, $16 per person

Boston is lovely so I would spend the rest of the time there, or if there was anywhere else close by you’d like to explore!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

Tentatively looking at different options for my wife's 30th. She's a massive fan of all things spooky, witchy and Halloween etc.

Considering Salem in October time, anyone any experience of the area and different things to do? Wouldn't imagine it would be longer than 5 days or a week..

Thanks!
Ghost tour is a fun thing to do. Didn’t see any though!
Old 25 Jul 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Tentatively looking at different options for my wife's 30th. She's a massive fan of all things spooky, witchy and Halloween etc.

Considering Salem in October time, anyone any experience of the area and different things to do? Wouldn't imagine it would be longer than 5 days or a week..

Thanks!
I've been to Salem at Halloween and it is great fun seeing everyone dressed in costume and it was a lovely place to walk around and take in the atmosphere.

There was a James Martin American Adventure episode featuring Salem - might be on catch up.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Nublar
Trying for More Ears

Nublar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for all the great information all! I'll get researching and see what to do, looks like maybe Boston for 3/4 days and Salem for 2/3..

Lake Davenport 2008, Lake Davenport 2010, Chatham Circle 2013, West Coast and Vegas 2014, Indian Point 2015, New York 2016, Emerald Island (Dad's 60th Halloween Surprise) and Cali 2017, High Grove Villa 2022
Nublar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks!
We went to Salem a few years ago and made the mistake of originally booking a couple of nights whilst touring New England. Personally I found it very disappointing and a half day would have been sufficient.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List