Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jul 22, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Canadian Rockies - RV or car/hotels?

We are starting to look at 2024... where does that time go!

Anyway we are away on a very cheap cruise over new year so I am thinking we will look at Canada for September 2024.

I have friends who have done the RV thing and loved it, but have read that finding campsites etc can be a pain.

And having looked at the price for an RV for next September the prices are eyewateringly high - $6000 or there about for 2 weeks!

Ideally we'd like around 17/18 nights - Start in Calgary then Banff, Lake Louse, Jasper and over to Vancouver for 2/3 nights.

Any thoughts, hints or tips from your fabulous dibbers?
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
anyone?
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkrose
Getting Excited

We did car/hotels when we went in 2019. Too many bad memories of emptying Elsan toilets when I was a child! If you're interested the index to my trip report is here:https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150310
pinkrose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

We also did car and hotels. We gave any RVs we saw a wide berth as many were driven by novice RV drivers.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

We did car and hotels, the majority of my holidays as a child were in a touring caravan and while it was fun as a kid, I feel no desire to repeat it as an adult!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Brilliant - thank you all soo much

Originally Posted by pinkrose View Post
We did car/hotels when we went in 2019. Too many bad memories of emptying Elsan toilets when I was a child! If you're interested the index to my trip report is here:https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150310
Ah - brilliant - ill have a read!

I remember camping as a child - only remember having to use spidery wash rooms - and funnily enough have just done 10 days camping with DH - but toilets are definately a BLUE job!

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
We also did car and hotels. We gave any RVs we saw a wide berth as many were driven by novice RV drivers.
That would be us too

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
We did car and hotels, the majority of my holidays as a child were in a touring caravan and while it was fun as a kid, I feel no desire to repeat it as an adult!
Lol - as above - we camped for a month when we were kids - my dad took all of august off - and i was kinda co-erced into camping with some friends for the Queens Jubilee and then as we had bought the tent DH said that we should make more use of it and go to France for a week!

I must admit that camping would never be my first choice!
Old 29 Jul 22, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Some roads aren’t suitable for rvs - like the road to takkakaw falls (excuse the spelling). We stayed in hotels in canmore (cheaper than Banff), Jasper, and lake Louise.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List