Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 22, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

February?

Just wondering what february is like before I click the book button.

I'm looking at 9th-12th. English school hols start on the 13th so I'll be taking mine out for 2 days.

Not bothered about the cold weather, just hoping crowd levels will be low?
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

In 2016 I went the week after UK half term. It was a crisp dry cold. I got some amazing early morning winter photos of The Castle during the early opening. There was front on the grass and on the benches but the footpaths were fine.

The cm's told me the week before, the UK half term was crazy busy.

The week before will probably be busy as others have the same idea as you, to go before the UK half term.

When I was there as well as the normal refurb schedule, there were things like the train which were closed due to long term refurbs.

The parks closed early, the main park closed at 8pm when I was there.

The restaurants also close early, many were closed by 4pm.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We went about 4 years ago in half term and the weather was glorious, in the high teens during the day, too hot for a coat during the daytime, but you needed one in the evenings. Can’t advise re crowds, as we always go during Uk school holidays, but it didn’t seem overly busy. To be honest, you will need to pack for all eventualities at that time of year.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

It’s French school holidays at that time so it will be busy with domestic tourism.
Different areas of France get different school holidays
Zone A (Lyon, Bordeaux area) 3 Feb - 20 Feb
Zone B (Nice, Normandy, Marseille, Strasbourg) 10 Feb - 27 Feb
Zone C (Paris, Toulouse) 17 Feb-06 March

It’s similar for the spring holiday in April they are spread over most of April into May.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Graeme1978
Trying for More Ears

We found this recently on a Ski forum that likes to keep upto date on holiday dates for all the major European countries. Based on this we're going to book for week commencing 20th March as there doesn't seem to be any school holidays around Europe...

warringtonbears.uk/snowheads/eric2223.pdf
Graeme1978 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRella
slightly serious Dibber

PrincessRella's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Graeme1978 View Post
We found this recently on a Ski forum that likes to keep upto date on holiday dates for all the major European countries. Based on this we're going to book for week commencing 20th March as there doesn't seem to be any school holidays around Europe...

warringtonbears.uk/snowheads/eric2223.pdf
Oooh this is fab thank you, do they have one from May onwards? I’m assuming no as its ski based but thought it worth an ask!
PrincessRella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Graeme1978
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by PrincessRella View Post
Oooh this is fab thank you, do they have one from May onwards? I’m assuming no as its ski based but thought it worth an ask!
Not that I can see, I don't know the first thing about Skiing so presume the months not covered by the calendar are months that Skiing is not a thing
Graeme1978 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I think we will risk it. We'll have EMH and looking at queues today considering its summer holidays they haven't looked majorly bad!
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PrincessRella View Post
I’m a skier so know that calendar well😀
I spend a lot of the winter in the alps but always come back to the UK for a few weeks in February to avoid the french school holidays.

The Paris area schools don’t return until 9 May after the spring holiday. There are also a few one day holidays on 1, 8, 10 and 21 May but these are just single days and I’m not sure if the schools actually get the days off, but I can ask my friend who helps in the local school.

The other major school holiday is the Toussaint October holiday which is 22 Oct - 7 Nov 2022 nationwide.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

We've been in Feb before and loved it. Loved wrapping up nice and warm with the scarfs, hats and gloves. Nice and sunny, but very cold. Dress right and it's fab. Better than 30+ degrees heat. It is school holidays in France across most of France so it will be busy but wasn't silly busy.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List