Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Jul 22, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Anyone else miss Suntrust?

For those that followed on the previous thread, still no card, since March there has supposedly been 4 attempts & latest advisor has said "Oh it can take 1- 2 months" well I don't have 1-2 months! So next option is go to nearest branch for a Temp card or call them to arrange a card being sent to said Branch! That's all a bit of a gamble though as I can't risk not having access to funds! Anyone done either of these options?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lifebuoy
Earning More Ears

You can just take ID to the counter and they’ll give you cash in person . I’ve done that a couple of times
lifebuoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Similar experience, now on third attempt with the other half's replacement debit card. Spent over 3-hours with two calls last week, we've now cancelled two previous cards and pins that didn't arrive and found out they only had half the post code.

That's unbelievable as our monthly online statements have the correct address, while the one online account we have lists after our postcode;
United Kingdom, 000000000
United Kingdom

So somehow Truist had 3 slightly different numbers for us.

We also tried setting up the other half's online account, eventually managed to get a User ID but we're on our 4th Passcode which we have to call each time.

When trying to log on we receive the message; Security verification is currently unavailable. Please call Truist online support for assistance.

Anyway, it's only 6-days since our last call so will update you if a new card arrives.

Good suggestion by lifebuoy, we were considering taking some old Sunturst cheques or should I say checks!

Might be worth calling the branch at Celebration to ask for advice and if a card can be sent there, they've possibly had a number of internationals popping in with similar problems. (407)964-3354

truist/branch/fl/cel...elebration-ave

And use the free calls to the USA from your landline or mobile by dialling 0330 117 3872, then when prompted enter the full US number and press #.
freecallstousa

And yes, we miss Suntrust.
Good luck!
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Yep we are having same issues. On our secon round of waiting for cards currently…
We will get them sent to branch I think….
Old 28 Jul 22, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Oh yes.

They also changed my name on our account back to the name I originally opened the Suntrust account with, yet despite it being their error I’m the one having to jump through hoops to get it changed.

I have a debit card albeit with the wrong name on, DH’s however was returned. Very frustrating.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
The Branch suggestion would be convenient when it was still directly across from Disney Springs but we are only picking a car up for a week & that's 7 days after we arrive They always appear really helpful on Chat, you get all the platitudes but the fact remains that I've been trying to get a new card for 5 months! I even suggested re-instating the Suntust cards, they had '24 validity, not an option, anything Suntust that has been cancelled stays cancelled so not even sure about the cheques-If I even knew where they were!
I even mentioned that DVC manage to send me stuff & Suntrust never had a problem
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BelleWannabe
Serious Dibber

We walked in to a branch in May as my husband’s card hadn’t arrived. They were brilliant as they sorted the address out on the system (ended up putting the postcode on the same line as the city so it didn’t get missed off). They then ordered him a new one, reset his pin up on the phone (as he had left his at home) and then offered a temporary card for the month. The temp card worked really well. It didn’t have a chip/pin but it worked in cash machines and for paying anywhere we tried it.
I would just leave it until you are over there and get the branch to sort it.
05 Tokyo Disney trip 06/10 Hong Kong Disneyland Trips 08/09/11/12(x2)/13/14/15/16 DCL
13 months... 11 parks... 5 Locations... 1 DREAM
BelleWannabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We got our cards around March got to Florida 3 weeks ago and cards wouldn’t work

We were heading to kekes so we went into the Truist which used to be suntrust at dr Philips

She said we were using the wrong PIN numbers which we definately were not as we kept the same pin

she sorted in 5 mins

We had the sale of our points in our account so needed to get it fixed

Edited at 07:57 PM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Ali was it close? We have a couple of Universal days planned & definitely at least 1 kekes. Our postman said that all they really need to get right is the postcode! The address that they have finally updated looks right but the strangest thing is that the ATM card arrived,wrong card, & 2 lots of PINS- at this stage I've no idea which is the "new" one !
SD
Old 30 Jul 22, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Ali was it close? We have a couple of Universal days planned & definitely at least 1 kekes. Our postman said that all they really need to get right is the postcode! The address that they have finally updated looks right but the strangest thing is that the ATM card arrived,wrong card, & 2 lots of PINS- at this stage I've no idea which is the "new" one !
SD
Really close to Kekes SD , it’s right on the corner of the street Kekes is on and sand lake road

We always use this one now , even when it was suntrust, since the Disney springs ones closed ,

We never changed our pin so dear knows what’s going on with them

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List