Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Jul 22, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Highs and Lows - Our Disney/Universal Food and Cocktail Adventure is out there - August 2022

Hello! After a few long years we are now just a week away from our travel day. 😆

We are Michelle (travel enthusiast, accommodation Booker, shopper and holiday lover), Adam (travel enthusiast, flight and car hire Booker, shopper and holiday lover) and Cooper (holiday lover, shopper, mobile phone obsessed and needer of lots of sleep!).

We have been to Orlando multiple times, staying at both Universal and Disney, we do also love the Gulf Coast and enjoy exploring the rest of Florida on our previous trips. This holiday is not the one we booked in October 2019 for August 2020, it has changed multiple times but our plans are as follows. Manchester to MCO direct with Virgin in PE and the same for the return.

Pre-travel Day - we have an executive runway view room at Radisson Blu for one night. We love staying here, Adam is a fan of the Club Room and both the boys love watching the planes at the airport. I like the wine. 😉🥂 We also have breakfast there the following morning but will have to be up super early to make the most of the breakfast mimosas. 😆

Travel Day - one night at The Rosen Plaza on I-Drive. This is just so we can have a good nights rest before picking up the car the following morning before our drive to Naples.

3 nights - Inn on Fifth at Naples. We have stayed here before and love the location as it is close to some fantastic restaurants and the Hotel offers a golf cart service and will drop and collect you from the beach. 🤩 This is Cooper’s favourite place in Florida.

7 nights - Club Level at Royal Pacific Resort. We love this hotel and have stayed several times previously, it’s so handy to the parks and there are plenty of fantastic off-site restaurants close by too.

4 nights - Waldorf Astoria Orlando. This hotel is new to us and we are really looking forward to staying here, not least because we are having a celebration dinner at Bull and Bear!

9 nights - Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. Another new Hotel for us and I am beyond excited 😆 I love that we can walk to Epcot and HS and also love the pool it shares with the Beach Club. Adam is just thrilled with the close proximity to the Ale and Compass Lounge! 🥃🍸😁

We have lots of restaurants that we want to re-visit and lots of new ones that we would like to try and we also have the Disney Dining Credit to use whilst we are there as well. More details to follow! 🍾🥂🤩

Edited at 07:23 PM.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

That sounds like you’re staying at some amazing places, I’m looking forward to reading more
Old 29 Jul 22, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
That sounds like you’re staying at some amazing places, I’m looking forward to reading more
Thank you so much! We are really looking forward to it. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
The plan for the first night is dinner at Bahama Breeze on I-drive, which Adam has already booked. I’m pretty sure it’s because he loves Rebecca’s Key Lime Pie 😉

I’m partial to a cocktail in a pineapple 🍍 and Adam is currently obsessed with an Old Fashioned. Cooper will most likely order a steak. 😂 You may notice a theme by the end of our trip!

We will no doubt be up early (well I will be and I will gently encourage the other two to get up!) then we can walk down to Denny’s for Breakfast. 😁

Where we will then pop back to the Hotel to meet Angelbabe (Debbie) to collect our mountains of shopping before driving down to Naples! 🤩
Old 29 Jul 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Naples

We have only booked one restaurant here - lunch at Baleen which is in La Playa Golf Resort which is located on the beachfront. Looks fab and I really like the food and cocktail menu - the view isn’t terrible either 😁

We are also going to try out The Dock at Clayton Cove, it’s a ‘first in, best dressed’ kind of place with an extensive food and cocktail menu.

Adam is keen to pop to Celebration Park, it’s on the water with a huge covered bar area and a huge array of food trucks with lots of different dining options. It’s super casual, has live music and looks to be our kind of place.

We are also hoping to make it to Three60 Marketplace for one of their amazing breakfasts! It actually overlooks Celebration Park across the waterway.

And last but not least, about four doors up from the Hotel is Kilwin’s! It has the most amazing ice-cream and we did manage to get there a couple of times a day on our last visit, however it is always busy.

We may sneak in a quick visit to Culvers, both the boys love their burgers and concrete but it just depends on how hot it is and how relaxed we are. Our hotel has great bar snacks and cocktails that they serve by the pool which is super handy. 🍗🍔🌮🍹🥂🍾🥤
Old 29 Jul 22, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Your plans look amazing
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow this all looks amazing. So much planning ! Enjoy every moment.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Wow, what an amazing looking trip! I bet you are so excited!

Your Naples hotel looks lovely and your plans there sound great. Particularly looking forward to following this bit as we haven’t done Naples and you may convince me for the future.

Not long to go now! Xx
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Gonna be following this trip report, sounds like you will have a very nice time, I’m in early stages of planning a trip for sept next year and was looking at the Waldorf as a special treat so look forward to hearing what you think
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Your plans look amazing
Thank you, not long til your trip!