Old 30 Jul 22, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Plant-based Paris May/June 2022 Day 3

Plant-based Paris May/June 2022

Day Three: Disneyland Parc and Downtown – Wednesday 1st June

Index is here

Today started badly. We seem to have a tradition at DLP where someone is ill well this time it was Ashley’s turn. I woke up at 4am to a strange sound and realised Ashley was being sick. I quickly got him to the bathroom but he had been sick on the bed, himself, his toys and Hayden! Owen and I cleaned it all up and made the boys a bed using what was left,throwing the sick covered towel etc in the corner. Ashley was sick again at 5am but got to the toilet. Then again at 7am when the alarm went off. Ashley has never been sick before so we were worried. He had eaten a lot the night before and complained of a sore tummy but we also knew a sickness bug had been going around his school.

Exhausted, we decided I would take Hayden for Extra Magic Hours and Owen would stay with Ashley who had eaten a croissant and see if he could keep it down.

When we arrived at Disneyland Parc, it was really busy and there was a sign up to say the parks were full and at capacity today. We headed straight for Peter Pan as we knew this would be our only chance to do it. It took about 10 mins to get on. When we had finished, the wait time was 45 minutes! Then we went on Dumbo (10 minute wait), carousel and the tea cups which were both walk ons.

It was at this point that I got a call from Owen to say Ashley was feeling much better and they were going to go on Big Thunder Mountain. Hayden and I walked over as Owen wanted the Photopass card.

We met them and then headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean. Hayden didn’t want to go on so I stayed with him whilst Ashley and Owen did it. It was about a 20 minute wait. You wouldn’t have known Ashley had ever been sick!

Then we decided to do the rides we’d missed in Fantasyland. First we did the Alice in Wonderland maze as Hayden was desperate to do this, followed by Casey Junior and the Storybook ride.

The boys really wanted to meet Tigger so we headed there next. We found a Photopass Photographer so did that first and got in the queue before it opened at 11.30am so only really had a 15 minute wait. Much better!

Now it was time for lunch. I really wanted to try the Mexican as they had great vegan options but it was closed! We decided to try Cowboy Cookout and saw Minnie was there to meet. Again, a much shorter wait, around 15 minutes and we met her before going in to get lunch.

This is one of my favourite photos - I feel it really captures the magic of it all

We weren’t overly hungry so decided to share a plant based burger, 2 lots of fries and 2 ice creams for the boys. It was nice and quiet in there but got busy as were leaving.

One of our priorities was meeting Pooh Bear. The lines were always long so we decided to suck it up and just do it. Pooh Bear is Hayden’s favourite so the 1 hour wait was worth it.

Our plan was to queue for the Lion King show in plenty of time. There were long waits everywhere so we settled on exploring Adventure Isle. Then we queued up for the 3.50pm showing of the Lion King around 3pm. The nearby play area was actually open for once so I took the boys there while Owen held our space in the queue.

The show was good but I’m glad we didn’t buy our tickets!
After that, we walked back to the hotel. When we arrived, we discovered our room hadn’t been cleaned at all and smelt of sick. Owen went down to the concierge to ask for it to be cleaned. It turns out they don’t do it every day. They said they’d do it while we were at dinner.

We headed out to dinner early so we could explore the Marvel Hotel as well. We took lots of photos.

Around 6pm, we queued up for our reservation at Downtown. Although it was also a buffet, the restaurant was far smaller than Cape Cod. It was also quieter and had a lovely subtle Marvel theme. I really liked/preferred it. They had three types of food – Chinese, Italian and American. I found a few vegan items and a desert. I found out afterwards that they usually do a vegan chicken burger and if you ask, will make you a cheese less pizza. I made sure Ashley ate less this time, just incase!

Vegan options

After dinner, we went to the shop and bought a few things. Hayden got the 30th anniversary chocolate and won (we had to wait for it to come in the post and was a 30th magnet).

The walk back

We went back to our hotel to see what character we could meet but it was Goofy.

We started packing and the boys got ready for bed. Ashley was sick again and I concluded it was the French cheese as he’d been fine all day and it was the only common factor!
Old 5 Aug 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Oh poor Ashley how horrid for him but what a little trooper to carry on the day.

Loads of lovely pictures and the marvel hotel does look amazing, just so expensive
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Oh poor Ashley how horrid for him but what a little trooper to carry on the day.

Loads of lovely pictures and the marvel hotel does look amazing, just so expensive
Children are so good at bouncing back, aren't they?

The Marvel Hotel theming was brilliant. If you stay there, there's an exclusive area for you and you get to meet Spiderman. A CM was sat at the entrance to make sure only guests staying there entered. Yes, far too expensive for us but we did absolutely love Newport Bay. It was a beautiful hotel and smelled so nice.
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a shame that Ashley was poorly, good to hear that he soon recovered.

Thanks for the photos of the food at Downtown, we have a reservation for Downtown and are really looking forward to it.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

It was a lovely restaurant- enjoy!