Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 22, 04:51 AM  
Link to this Post
prthomas
Trading Disney Pins

LAX Airport on arrival

Virgin recently cancelled our flight and moved us to the later LHR->LAX flight landing about 8pm, so we don't fancy travelling too far that night and wanted a recommendation of a hotel near LAX where we can crash and then pick up the hire car in the morning.

Any recommendations?
prthomas is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

We’ve booked the LAX marriott - we’ve also booked our car hire from here as it has a hertz desk and the prices were much lower than collecting from the airport.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriot, last month, for the same reason. Our flight landed at 19:30, but we didn't get out of the airport until 21:45. Then it took some time to work out where to catch the hotel shuttle bus from, and then we waited 20 mins for it and finally got to the hotel just before 22:45pm, absolutely shattered!

The hotel was great though, comfy beds and a nice free breakfast. When I was looking, I'd decided it was this one or the Holiday Inn express, based on reviews and needing to booking for a party of 5.
Mortimer Mouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
prthomas
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriot, last month, for the same reason. Our flight landed at 19:30, but we didn't get out of the airport until 21:45. Then it took some time to work out where to catch the hotel shuttle bus from, and then we waited 20 mins for it and finally got to the hotel just before 22:45pm, absolutely shattered!

The hotel was great though, comfy beds and a nice free breakfast. When I was looking, I'd decided it was this one or the Holiday Inn express, based on reviews and needing to booking for a party of 5.
Thanks for that. I had looked at the same one. We are 5 people too - what rooms did you get?
prthomas is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
prthomas
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
We’ve booked the LAX marriott - we’ve also booked our car hire from here as it has a hertz desk and the prices were much lower than collecting from the airport.
We have a car booked for LAX pickup, did they deliver the car to the hotel and did you have to return it there too?

I was planning on walking over to the regular pickup (we have booked Thrifty) in the morning to collect ours.
Old 2 Aug 22, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Our BA flight arrives around that time and we have arranged affordabletowncarcompany/ to take us to our hotel. We wont need a car for first few days but are collecting it when we are staying in West Hollywood - like other poster it is so much cheaper than collecting at LAX (we are collecting from Burbank) and suits our plans perfectly so maybe research collecting it nearer your hotel on day 1 (or later) ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I stayed my first and last night in January at Hilton Embassy Suites LAX North
laxembassy/

They have a free shuttle to and from LAX which picks ups and drops off at the arrivals levels, just outside the door.

Most of the LAX airport hotels have a free shuttle

Edited at 09:02 AM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

According to my trippie we stayed at the crowne plaza which looks like it might now be called Sonesta. It was perfectly nice but all we did was sleep there. I chose it partly because we could walk round to the car rental place from there (saving us taking the shuttle back to the airport and then getting another shuttle to the car place). Looking at the map we must have rented from budget.

Although this time we're just renting a car and driving to our hotel in Glendale straight off the plane.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by prthomas View Post
We have a car booked for LAX pickup, did they deliver the car to the hotel and did you have to return it there too?

I was planning on walking over to the regular pickup (we have booked Thrifty) in the morning to collect ours.
I booked through Andy at DFCH. Hertz at LAX was hundreds of pounds more than Hertz at the Marriott. It’s mad. It’s all to do with the airport surcharge. Obviously they keep fewer cars at the hotel lot but I can’t see that being an issue. The LAX Hilton was another option. Just be aware their desk opening times inside the hotels aren’t 24 hour so be careful about pickup times.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
I booked through Andy at DFCH. Hertz at LAX was hundreds of pounds more than Hertz at the Marriott. It’s mad. It’s all to do with the airport surcharge. Obviously they keep fewer cars at the hotel lot but I can’t see that being an issue. The LAX Hilton was another option. Just be aware their desk opening times inside the hotels aren’t 24 hour so be careful about pickup times.
After similar at MCO this year - we collected next day at Budget at our hotel (via Andy) was SO much cheaper than collection at MCO - doing the same at LAX and its nearly half the price (albeit a few days short ) for same car (Mustang convertible) - saving over £500 (yes half a grand !) too collect away from LAX which will more than pay for car to hotel and from hotel to Hollywood (only $95 with affordabletowncar) - will never again book to pick up car on arrival at any airport without first checking how much to get form hotel the next day or so
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List