Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Aug 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

If your a savoury type person like myself I make sure I have a few bags of popchips.

Not “healthy” but a better alternative to Pringles and Doritos
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Those m&ms have travelled more than me!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
wearegoingtowdw
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Peanutt View Post
I have been told its too much The freddos are for mousekeeping and there is a box of toffifees missing from the pic

I love this!
wearegoingtowdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Plane food makes me nauseous so I take all my own stuff on. Ideally sausage sandwiches that I've made up that morning, then normally some haribo, some kind of crisp or pretzel type snack and bottles of water. My ideal would be a big tray of sushi which I got in Heathrow a few years ago or a subway but those are few and far between so I normally take stuff on now.
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I had Fibre One popcorn bars and was just about to open one when they announced no peanut products to be consumed. Someone on board with an allergy.

The popcorn bars are full of nuts so had to put them away.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Wow, surprised abt the number of people who take nuts to eat. Not great for other travellers who suffer from nut allergies! 🤷
As a nut allergy sufferer I though the same! Luckily I’m not as allergic as some but the smell makes me very uncomfortable.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Wow, surprised abt the number of people who take nuts to eat. Not great for other travellers who suffer from nut allergies! 🤷

We normally take fruit (for plane only) biscuits, crisps, and chewie sweets for ear popping. Not too much but something to nibble on especially if plane food is awful
I was going to say this too, my daughter has a severe peanut allergy so we always ask airlines to make an announcement - and they usually do..
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Pans View Post
My son has already decided he will not like the dinner on the plane even though we don’t know what it will be! So it’s snacks all the way for him. BTW he is 22

As for me I am one of those weird people who really like airplane dinners. There is something about peeling back the foil and seeing what you have. Also all those things in miniature like the cheese and crackers,dessert and mini bottles of wine.

I need to get out more…….
I'm exactly the same. I love airline food! When I was young (30+ years ago) my dad sometimes had to work at Exeter Airport. It was only small and all the crew/ground staff etc knew each other. The crew knew I loved the food and would give my dad left over meals (obviously still sealed) to take home for me 😂 I'd forgotten about that memory until I saw your post.
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mini jammie dodgers, mints

We dont mind airplane food, only ever had a dodgy one in that it was ordered as low fat (I was trying to be good) and nobody could determine what it was - possibly a chickpea curry. There wasnt even a salad or dessert just 2 pots of dried fruit. That was the last time I ordered a meal.
Old 3 Aug 22, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
Mini jammie dodgers, mints

We dont mind airplane food, only ever had a dodgy one in that it was ordered as low fat (I was trying to be good) and nobody could determine what it was - possibly a chickpea curry. There wasnt even a salad or dessert just 2 pots of dried fruit. That was the last time I ordered a meal.
I used to get really weird stuff as a vegetarian so now I go with the flow. We usually get one meat, one veggie option so that works as usually the veggie ones left over. Then they do a cheese & turkey or just cheese roll before getting off. Much better than the bizzarro things they consider food.

That said, I'd much rather have a toasted cheese sandwich or slice of pizza. The salad is disgusting. The bread rolls are like rubber. The ice cream dessert is not bad usually, but sometimes sorbet.

So, to answer the original question, I take a bag of M&S crunch snacks (only downside is they are a bit bulky as a big bag) but I don't always need them.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List