Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Aug 22, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4ever
VIP Dibber

Disney4ever's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I’ve had parosmia since April 2020. The smell of onion and coffee are the worst for me. I’ve been to WDW twice in the last seven months and had no issues with finding things that are ok. Wearing a mask helped sometimes. I would plan to eat in ‘non spicy’ restaurants if that makes sense. Indian, Mexican for example, the smell of onion is overwhelming for me.
98DLP; Feb99 Travldge; Oct00 IndWells; Oct02 IndWells; Dec04 DLP DL Hotel; Apr09 PalmsHotel; Jul10 CumbLakes; Aug11 St. AugAS MoviesYacht Club; Aug13 CumbLakes; Jul14 FloPines; Mar15 CumbLakes; Aug15 IntDriveCabBayVeroBeachAoA; Aug16 Canada,Anaheim,San Diego; Mar17 CumbLakes; Mar18 RadissonCelebration; Mar19 CumbLakes; Nov19 AS Sports; Dec21 Encantada; Jun22 Encantada; AugSep22 SF,Canada,Anaheim,SanDiego; May23 Islamorada,Encantada; Sep23 Encantada; Jan24 POP
Disney4ever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney4ever View Post
I’ve had parosmia since April 2020. The smell of onion and coffee are the worst for me. I’ve been to WDW twice in the last seven months and had no issues with finding things that are ok. Wearing a mask helped sometimes. I would plan to eat in ‘non spicy’ restaurants if that makes sense. Indian, Mexican for example, the smell of onion is overwhelming for me.
Yes onion and coffee are awful for her too. I'm just thankful we will be outside alot and able to avoid any smells that are too much. Such a horrible disorder xx
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
Yes onion and coffee are awful for her too. I'm just thankful we will be outside alot and able to avoid any smells that are too much. Such a horrible disorder xx
Don't forget there are Starbucks in each park now so plan your routed to avoid walking directly past!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes I have 4 times now
But I’ve had it over 2 years
I know the minute I get up what will taste good what will be ok and what I’d a definite no
I’ve not put chocolate in my mouth since I’ve had it sweet stuff tastes awful but I’ve never had a sweet tooth onions and garlic I’m ok with as I am with honey but jam marmalade are a no
Fish I’ve always loved and it’s still great thankfully
Coffee / tea are a hot and a miss daily wine I can’t stand any that had oak under tones never liked sweet wine any way it’s the dryer the better
Fruit and veg I love and all are fine except what used to be my favourite asparagus I can’t even put in my mouth now it’s awful
I did struggle a bit this trip in Disney with the constant smell of hot pop corn but the taste eas ok
My biggest thing I loved the Minute Maid lemonade till now
Boy oh boy did I get that wrong
Fortunately at the Villa it was flipping awful thankfulness I’d only bought one small bottle to try it out
Starbucks the minute iwspk past them now I heave it smells like burnt coffee but I’m fine if I go in
It’s so weird
And I now hate their lemon dtizzrl cake the only cake of very very occasionally eat
It’s a bummer to be honest at time.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Yes I have 4 times now
But I’ve had it over 2 years
I know the minute I get up what will taste good what will be ok and what I’d a definite no
I’ve not put chocolate in my mouth since I’ve had it sweet stuff tastes awful but I’ve never had a sweet tooth onions and garlic I’m ok with as I am with honey but jam marmalade are a no
Fish I’ve always loved and it’s still great thankfully
Coffee / tea are a hot and a miss daily wine I can’t stand any that had oak under tones never liked sweet wine any way it’s the dryer the better
Fruit and veg I love and all are fine except what used to be my favourite asparagus I can’t even put in my mouth now it’s awful
I did struggle a bit this trip in Disney with the constant smell of hot pop corn but the taste eas ok
My biggest thing I loved the Minute Maid lemonade till now
Boy oh boy did I get that wrong
Fortunately at the Villa it was flipping awful thankfulness I’d only bought one small bottle to try it out
Starbucks the minute iwspk past them now I heave it smells like burnt coffee but I’m fine if I go in
It’s so weird
And I now hate their lemon dtizzrl cake the only cake of very very occasionally eat
It’s a bummer to be honest at time.
I always say to my daughter, how do you know something won't be good, she says I just know and won't near it! Its crazy how up and down it is, some times she tries things and other days its a definite no.

Fish and potatoes have been her go to and thankfully Richmond sausages have been a constant ok for her, so we have some ingredients to work with... she just so wants to be in the US and able to eat normally, but it's not going to happen unfortunately.

I hope this horrible thing gets some sort of treatment soon, so many people are quietly suffering with it.
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List