Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 5 Aug 22, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Wow all looks amazing! Very interested in the baked chocolate cheesecake! X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Wow all looks amazing! Very interested in the baked chocolate cheesecake! X
From memory, I got the inspiration from this ATK recipe, although there may have been an updated version of it...

I just modified it by adding cocoa powder and dark chocolate into the mix.

When I get time, I'll go through my photo from when I made it and post more info...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Supersuzie View Post
Goodness me I'm absolutely starving now!

I really want to try to make those chips and the fried chicken. I've stopped getting takeaway too as its always greasy and disappointing and I really love Korean fried chicken so that's right up my street.
I'll dig out a more traditional chicken recipe soon..I tend to do smaller chunks. Potato starch is the key though. I got mine from the Jamaican section at asda

Edited at 10:36 AM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

The Ragu was where things started for me when I decided I was going to do finish at home restaurant meals rather than just takeaway. The things I love to cook don't travel well, especially pizza...

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
It all looks great but the beef ragu is my choice. I love it.
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loving this thread Wanye. What did you decided to do about your food ordering business
You have a real talent and passion and I love seeing your food
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Loving this thread Wanye. What did you decided to do about your food ordering business
You have a real talent and passion and I love seeing your food
couple of life things have cropped up, so it's all on the back burner for a bit along with the DJing. maybe in a year or so, till then, i'm gonna keep honing stuff and building up to doing it at scale... maybe a farmers market or event or something to try it out a few times
Old 7 Aug 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Very impressive! I think I’m doing well when I get Gousto for a week 🤣

Did you like Sorrento? I went in June and thought it was great. Loads to do and see in the area 👍

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
couple of life things have cropped up, so it's all on the back burner for a bit along with the DJing. maybe in a year or so, till then, i'm gonna keep honing stuff and building up to doing it at scale... maybe a farmers market or event or something to try it out a few times
Keep us posted!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

It all looks fabulous Wanye.
Our local sports club has a guy down on a Friday night that has a pizza trailer when they open the bar. The queues are miles long. I am sure something like this with your amazing food would go down a storm.plus people would get to know you for your events catering. You really have a fantastic talent and I love how you keep working on things and tweaking them until perfection.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

All look fantastic with some interesting techniques.

Yum yum.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List