Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Aug 22, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We have been as far as the Amway Centre for an Orlando Magic game. We needed to go for fuel after it and it was a bit rough where we stopped.
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

No, no intention of going either! I live in a big city full of high rises & dodgyness, generally try to avoid that when I’m on holiday 😂

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
With your USA wide travels, I am in no way surprised that curiosity and a sense of adventure led you into the midst!
Yep - I remember the “lecture” I got from our security about gong off piste in New Orleans . Ignorance was bliss but once I have seen it no need to go back (but it has to be seen - right ?)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexGirl13
Proud to wear my Ears

The posts about the seedier side of Orlando have reminded me of my first visit, in 1993, with my family. There had been a string of tourist murders in Florida that year and there were very strict instructions about not stopping in remote areas, keeping car windows closed, etc. 😳
EssexGirl13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
huntmj
Excited about Disney

We went some years ago in the daytime, nothing much to see really and wouldn't go again. Many years earlier my son wanted to see the basketball but we checked it was bit too sketchy for us.
huntmj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Been a couple of times to The Social, to see bands... nice small venue.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Sure

Quite a few times - more to central FL than Orlando!
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We've been a good few times,we go by Lynx bus and have a wander,a coffee and a walk around the lake and then get another bus to Winter Park,back in the day I fancied a bus to Pine Hills as I thought it sounded nice 😳 now know it's known as Crime Hills.We've seen some sights at Lynx Central Station and I'm sure we stand out like sore thumbs as tourists,but we've never felt worried about being there,no more than we would in any big city.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Been a couple of times; once on a night out to Church Street in 1992. Even back then we were told stick to the area and head to the Coach Park a certain way as the 'rough' parts of town were just a block away.
Our other time in 2000 was to go to City Hall to get our Marriage licence sorted out
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Back in the 90s, when our daughters were still children, we went Downtown lots of times. Church St station, Lake Eola events & markets, the Orlando museums (they were really good!) etc.
There wasn’t as many attractions as there are now & we always went for 3 weeks so had enough to time to explore. We also went to places like Fort Christmas, the Pioneer museum, Rodeos etc. We even went to a passing out ceremony at the naval training centre, though I don’t think we were supposed to be there. 🤭
disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List