Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 22, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenfrog
Helping Donald

Nicky, you too.
Disneyland Paris Santa Fe x 2, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge, Davy Crockett Ranch, Newport Bay Club; Disneyland Hyatt Regency Orange County, Knotts Berry Farm Hotel; Disney World I-drive, villa, soon to be LBV.
Greenfrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I hope all works out for you all
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

So I just called OF as no reply to my email, was basically told (in a nice way) that it’s within the legal time of 1 hour flying out and that it will be fine haha. That we are the airlines responsibility and they will sort out of we miss the connection.

I get all that and of course the fact that our holiday was cheaper for flying in direct. But when we purchased the holiday we didn’t have a 1.35 layover, I wouldn’t have booked it if we had know it would be that short. OF said it’s ok there is another flight after if we miss ours, but there might not be any room on there? It basically makes the travel day even more stressful and might eat in to our holiday waiting for a connecting flight.

Well nothing we can do, just have to let it be…..but won’t be booking in direct again and won’t be using OF, not that they have done anything wrong, but they have shown they don’t have any control of the third party situation.

June 05 - Villa in Kisseme
March 06 - Enclave Suites (I Drive)
April 08 - Homewood Suites (I Drive)
April 10 - Quality Inn Plaza (I Drive)
Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenfrog
Helping Donald

Nicky I have chatted online with the airline and I am not sure if I was talking to someone who did not know what was going on, but they said I could be charged more for another flight. Everything I have read online says that is not the case when travelling on a single ticket. It all seems so confused. But what happens if the next flight is full? How do we stay overnight? Who pays? What about if the flights are full the following day? The day after? It really is extremely stressful.
Disneyland Paris Santa Fe x 2, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge, Davy Crockett Ranch, Newport Bay Club; Disneyland Hyatt Regency Orange County, Knotts Berry Farm Hotel; Disney World I-drive, villa, soon to be LBV.
Greenfrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

Just looking at the options on United website (I think you should get familiar with them before flying) basically unless it’s their fault you were delayed then they won’t get you a hotel. I would imagine they will blame Heathrow if departing late, or immigration if it takes too long to connect. So it will be down to us to organise and then claim from the insurance

united/ual/en/us/fly...d-flights.html

Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenfrog
Helping Donald

I feel for you with a party of 11.
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Greenfrog View Post
I feel for you with a party of 11.
That’s McBMickey, luckily just the 4 of us.

Old 8 Aug 22, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenfrog
Helping Donald

Ah yes! Sorry.
Old 8 Aug 22, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Torypops
Imagineer

Ocean Florida If you're still looking at threads on here and I suspect you are, it seems to me that you're putting a lot of people off booking with you. The anticipation of a holiday is all part of the joy of a holiday, that's getting utterly ruined with anxiety over a lack of information, communication and confirmation.
I hope you'll join in this thread and others similar and help to put minds at ease 🤞
Torypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I'm in the same boat, I asked about a connection time of 1.45mins in Washington.
That's complete immigration, collect bags and check in for our next flight
Heard nothing, we have no travel documents and we fly in 6 days
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List