Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Aug 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TLCS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
Ooh this looks interesting 😃 we could just drive then to the airport parking in the morning. Would be good to have something to do on the evening
Yes, free parking, onto Jet Parks 3 the following morning and free shuttle bus to the terminal. As I take the train Heald Green is very convenient for overnight and up the line to the airport the following morn.

If driving perhaps check out Mike's Cheadle suggestion too.
TLCS is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

The important thing to note if you want a family room in PI north provides a king bed plus 1 or 2 single beds (depending on requirement) whereas south provide two double beds in their family rooms. This caused no end fighting in my family and definitely not worth the £20 saving.
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

It’s always the North one for us. Book it as an Advance with refundable deposit Cancellation within 28 days and amended up to day before. Good thing is as prices go down you canx and book at cheaper rate. In the past I’ve gone down from £88 to about £30, well worth keeping your eyes on

Edited at 10:09 PM.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
M.I.C.K.E.Y
Getting Excited

M.I.C.K.E.Y's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have stayed multiple times at both Runger Lane North and South.
I agree with most of what people have said here. I would choose North if the prices are the same.

Later this month we are staying at South because it saved me £40 (two rooms) and the difference in hotel quality isn't huge.

Both North and South have a restaurant but on our last few trips we've taken a 10 minute walk to The Romper which is a great little pub with really nice food.

M.I.C.K.E.Y
M.I.C.K.E.Y is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Has anyone stayed at the Wilmslow one?

The one with the Hickorys smokehouse next door?
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by M.I.C.K.E.Y View Post
We have stayed multiple times at both Runger Lane North and South.
I agree with most of what people have said here. I would choose North if the prices are the same.

Later this month we are staying at South because it saved me £40 (two rooms) and the difference in hotel quality isn't huge.

Both North and South have a restaurant but on our last few trips we've taken a 10 minute walk to The Romper which is a great little pub with really nice food.

M.I.C.K.E.Y
Although we’ve stayed at North quite a few times I’ve never noticed a road to walk to the Romper. Would you please share the route
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TLCS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by rcaff View Post
Has anyone stayed at the Wilmslow one?

The one with the Hickorys smokehouse next door?
I haven't rcaff. Apparently Hickorys Smokehouse offer good food so it may be worth staying at Wilmslow PI and driving 5 mile to airport long stay the following morning

Most PI's offer good value, clean accommodation, many with free parking. Just discovered there's a few around the Man airport area that are cheaper than Runger Lane PI's.

As a train user the smaller Heald Green PI is convenient for me, plus I enjoy sitting on the wall watching fully lit up, undercarriage down aircraft seconds before landing
Old 8 Aug 22, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TLCS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Although we’ve stayed at North quite a few times I’ve never noticed a road to walk to the Romper. Would you please share the route
Hi, altho I've never stayed in either Runger Lane PI, I checked Google maps, see if THIS 10 min walking route helps at all

For future trips, HERE's the satellite view of Heald Green PI and town on Google maps - there's a few eatery options, to the right as you look at the map
Old 8 Aug 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
M.I.C.K.E.Y
Getting Excited

M.I.C.K.E.Y's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Sure…
Head out of the road that you use to access both the Premier Inn’s and the Holiday Inn Express. There is a footpath on the right hand side just after you’ve walked passed the Holiday Inn.

Cross over the road (Runger Lane)….. this is the only road you need to cross.

Once you’ve crossed the road head right. At this point you have railings on your right hand side between the road and the footpath. The footpath will via left until you are walking with Wilmslow Road on your right hand side.
Eventually the footpath will branch off to the left away from the main road (Wilmslow Old Road) and The Romper is about a minute away.

Hope this makes sense, I did try to post a map screenshot but not sure how to post pictures to the forum.

M.I.C.K.E.Y
M.I.C.K.E.Y is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TLCS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by M.I.C.K.E.Y View Post
Sure…
Head out of the road that you use to access both the Premier Inn’s and the Holiday Inn Express. There is a footpath on the right hand side just after you’ve walked passed the Holiday Inn.

Cross over the road (Runger Lane)….. this is the only road you need to cross.

Once you’ve crossed the road head right. At this point you have railings on your right hand side between the road and the footpath. The footpath will via left until you are walking with Wilmslow Road on your right hand side.
Eventually the footpath will branch off to the left away from the main road (Wilmslow Old Road) and The Romper is about a minute away.

Hope this makes sense, I did try to post a map screenshot but not sure how to post pictures to the forum.

M.I.C.K.E.Y
Perhaps you could click on the link I posted above and confirm if thats the correct walking route to The Romper.