Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Romathena
Being a bit Goofy

Urgent fly Tuesday esta help

Hi,
I have been a member here for years but haven’t been able to log in as can’t remember my details. Anyhow really not important but wanted to say hi properly and I know how great everyone is here

My problem 😩😥

We travel on Tuesday and I unfortunately put a date of birth wrong on my child’s esta. It was approved and I thought nothing of it. Upon looking at it July 26th when printing out I noticed the mistake. I tried to do another application and just got an approved application already exists for this passport. I tried different browsers, different computers etc, no joy it just kicks you back to the front page and won’t let you proceed. I contacted them via the contact form on the website Cbp (it was out of office hours for phoning) and got an email back saying I’d hear within 3-5 days. I heard nothing so on august 1st I called up and they put in a request to escalate to cancel so we could reapply. The kicker it may take 5-10 business days. So I’m wondering if anyone has been through this and had any response time ideas? I feel sick we are due to fly Tuesday and it’s his 16th birthday on Wednesday and I’ve ruined it 😥😥 His birth year is out by 2 years.
It could come tomorrow, but we are due to go to London and stay over and I just can’t even bring myself to pack and am just sat crying.

Does anyone have any advice, phone numbers other than the 325-8000 one. Is it something the embassy can help with.

I know this is my mistake and I honestly have zero idea how I have put it in wrong 3 times other than I’ve been thinking 08 as his birth month and put it as the year too 😥😥

I’m so sorry for another Esta question. I just don’t know what else to do and if anyone knows any number I can try I would really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.

Edit to add. Please, please check your estas before submitting as it’s really stressful if you do make a mistake and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone ❤️

Edited at 08:50 PM.
Romathena is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I’m afraid I can’t offer any advice but didn’t want to just read and run
Keeping everything crossed for you all
Hopefully someone will be along soon with some advice
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

You should be able to carry on and submit the new application, the pop up is only warning you that carrying on will cancel the existing ESTA. Does it not do this ?

Edited at 08:50 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Will it not give you an option to cancel it? When I re did ours with middle names we were able to do that. Please don't panic, it can be sorted
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

I had to re-do DD’s twice as missed middle name off, I think it just cancels out the first one, i think I got that same message as well but still did a new one.

Hope all works out for you.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
claire0779
Disney Adult

Welcome to the group

I done this with my friends DOB but i was able to go in and edit hers after it was approved

Fingers crossed you get it sorted
June 2018 - Balmoral at Waters Edge WE GOT MARRIED
June 2022 - LM Emerald Island
October 2022 - Balmoral at Waters Edge
April 2023 - Reunion
December 2023 - Balmoral at Waters Edge for Christmas/New Year
July 2024 - Reunion
Can't wait till it's our time in the magical land of Disney 2024 again!
claire0779 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Romathena
Being a bit Goofy

It doesn’t allow you to do that. It lets you put all the info on the first page, you then click to go through to the page where you confirm your email and a pop up comes up that says an application exists, it give's you an ok box, when you click it, it says you are now leaving the esta application process. Are you sure you want to continue click yes or no. If you click No it goes back to the page you are on and when you click next the same pop up comes up, when you click yes it takes you to the front page again.
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Try a different email?
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Romathena
Being a bit Goofy

No. I can pull it up with his application number using wrong date of birth info 😩 I can update but only the hotel or email and I can view it but nothing else.
I have tried several times on Firefox, chrome, safari. I’ve tried on multiple computers, cleared history etc and always the same message.
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Romathena
Being a bit Goofy

Have tried both mine and husbands who was the original one used for the group application.