Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

We’re not long back, I used my 3 app to check on my usage/bill while we were there.

Before we went I did an online chat with three customer service, I gave them our mobile numbers and asked them to confirm if Go roam was still included on each contract, they confirmed it was. I did a screen shot of the conversation as a back up incase there were any issues and we were charged £5 a day, but we were not.

I renewed 2 of our contracts last September so I knew they would be ok, another ended in May and mine ended in July while we were away, because I hadn’t renewed them (I deliberately ignored the renewal emails), they still included Go roam.

Edited at 07:37 PM.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Just do a chat bot with 3 and they will let you know. I changed my contract in March so I'd be charged the £5 per day for roaming. So I've bought a £10 PAYG SIM card which gives the 12gb of data.
The other half however who is also with 3 has had her contract for well over a year and so can still use in the US for no extra charge subject to the same 12gb data limit.
Long story short... do a chat bot with them and they will let you know either way!
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

My husband and I have been with three on a SIM only plan since 2007, he received an email today to say they can no longer offer the go roam package in line with the older contracts and he will be automatically switched to a new plan from Sept 13th which will cost almost £19 instead of £12 and no longer include Go roam which will revert to the £5 .
I am expecting to get the same email soon ,we are now looking at switching, I have been with 3 for 16 years 🙁
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

I have just received the same for 2/5 of our contracts. I've been told the other three are fine xx
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by trekkerglenn View Post
I've just switched from Three after many many years of using the Go Roam, another helpful member on here suggested o2 and they were faultless in USA and Canada last week, use your phone as you would at home, just like the Go Roam used to be

When I spoke with Three they said the £5 daily charge was to use it like you would at home, if not then the usual extortionate fees for calls/text/data apply

I see no reason unless tied into a lengthy contract to stay with Three, I had 4 contracts for 8 years with them and didn't even get a call when I applied for my PAC code!

To add, it took me 30 seconds and one text to change from Three to O2 also, it used to be a right faff to try and leave but it was much easier this time
Hi which package you on with 02 if don't mind me asking xx