Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Aug 22, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
If there were a dibb top table, there would be places set for Mick & Joan.

Disney332
Thanks D332

Our simple philosophy to Dibbing.

Honesty, not unnecessarily confrontational, factual when you can and, most important, never post anything that you wouldn't say to a person's face. Worked for both of us these 76 years on the planet.

Mick
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks D332

Our simple philosophy to Dibbing.

Honesty, not unnecessarily confrontational, factual when you can and, most important, never post anything that you wouldn't say to a person's face. Worked for both of us these 76 years on the planet.

Mick
Exactly this Mick
And that's exactly what I do, some like it, most don't 🤷
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I don't see this as negativity, is just the facts as to how many feel.
It is negativity though - as well as being how people feel.

I'm not saying that people don't have a valid reason for feeling how they do. Of course they do. But reading those opinions and feelings here on the DIBB can be disheartening.

There's a well known saying: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" (or some variation of that). Complaining about things here on the DIBB isn't going to change things nor will it make those things that are causing the negativity go away. All it is going to do is make others like the OP feel worse about their upcoming holiday.

By all means offer advice about how best to use Genie+ or whether Genie+ is worth buying or how best to tackle the parks with or without Genie+. But simply complaining about these things is not constructive and doesn't help anyone.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I don't agree with this Nimbus. I like a balanced view on things so for example if people have had a good or bad experience with Genie+ I want to hear it so that I can take a considered view on it and usually do a bit more research. It isn't negativity in my mind, it is simply a personal experience.

However, as a general observation, social media makes it far more easier for people to moan, complain and generally winge about life, from their employer, their football team, Disney to anything else in life. Some have become real keyboard warriors and when you meet them in real life they are not the person they portray. I take ANYTHING that is said on social media with a massive pinch of salt and just let it wash over me.
Disneyland Paris 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2014
Florida 1993, 1997, 2008, 2013
Laner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

I'm not saying that people don't have a valid reason for feeling how they do. Of course they do. But reading those opinions and feelings here on the DIBB can be disheartening.

There's a well known saying: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" (or some variation of that). Complaining about things here on the DIBB isn't going to change things nor will it make those things that are causing the negativity go away. All it is going to do is make others like the OP feel worse about their upcoming holiday.

By all means offer advice about how best to use Genie+ or whether Genie+ is worth buying or how best to tackle the parks with or without Genie+. But simply complaining about these things is not constructive and doesn't help anyone.
I also disagree I like to know the good the bad and the ugly so I can make informed choices.

Once you have been on the Dibb a while you know who's answer to trust, who is a constant moaner, who likes to exaggerate etc.

In todays life people need outlets to express how their dissatisfaction, most people have the ability too choose the advice they need and don't need to be protected from the moaners.

Are we not allowed to say if we had a bad airline or hotel experience?

The nanny state is bad enough, just let people have their say and move on if you don't want to read it
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I like to read the good bad and the ugly about the parks,it is someone's personal experience after all,I hate seeing people shot down on the FB forums for telling it how it is for them, we're all entitled to say it as we see it,no use it all being sugar coated,if we have a bad experience we should be able to share it without being accused of negativity.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I dont like Genie + and it honestly would be of no benefit of how I visit the parks - there are others ways for me. I have been twice since Dec 2021

BUT others do like it and find it useful

What I have found out wait times are inflated - I “feel” this is a way of Disney getting more $ out of us and that I find repellent . We were chating to a off duty DM in a LA bar and after he had consumed a martini it all came out (yeah cocktail gossip I know)

As I say I like to read all views then make my own mind up - not be put down for having an opposing view and so I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. I dont see any of that as being negative

Right to water my garden before the Thames water hosepipe ban comes into effect - the day after the largest water leak in North London …..mmmmm (scratches chin) now that is me being negative
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Sorry you feel this. It’s only ever been the covid forum that I’ve been upset by. I gave up looking on there. Plus I never look at the politics one.

I love the dibb. I like to contribute my experiences to help others the good and the not so good. Everybody has different opinions and balance is good and we are never all going to all like the same things.

It’s the first place I come to for advice on lots of things not always holiday related.

We’ve gone off Disney a bit but have had some fabulous trips there, we will return but not just now.

We’ve had 2 lots of cancelled flights this year and people on the dibb have been more than helpful making suggestions and offering support both on the forums and in private messages.
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Sorry you feel this. It’s only ever been the covid forum that I’ve been upset by. I gave up looking on there. Plus I never look at the politics one.

I love the dibb. I like to contribute my experiences to help others the good and the not so good. Everybody has different opinions and balance is good and we are never all going to all like the same things.

It’s the first place I come to for advice on lots of things not always holiday related.

We’ve gone off Disney a bit but have had some fabulous trips there, we will return but not just now.

We’ve had 2 lots of cancelled flights this year and people on the dibb have been more than helpful making suggestions and offering support both on the forums and in private messages.
I really love your trip reports and find them really helpful.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

I can’t agree on this one. ‘if you cannot say something nice, then don’t say anything at all’ is utterly useless I would sooner ‘If you can’t be honest in your text, then don’t bother posting’.

I build my vacations around the advice and experiences of others. I rely on this to be accurate, rather than ‘rose tinted’ as I am investing large amounts of hard earned money on that advice given. I need brevity and most of all, honesty in what is posted.. warts and all.

To me, nothing at all is sacrosanct and I tend to value the negatives, pitfalls and problems identified as possibly more important than the nice stuff. Armed with balanced and concise posts, I can then make balanced decisions as to how I approach my planning of a vacation and ultimately, invest my cash.

I would be deeply, deeply disappointed were I to arrive at an experience and find it nothing at all like has been described by a DIBBER. I would feel as if I had been cheated by them.

I would hope that nobody would suggest that I have misdescribed anything at all in my Trip reports. Trip reports should never (imho) simply be a slushy, rose tinted boastfest that skips over issues and problems that others may encounter.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:25 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread