Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 22, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

What’s changed since 2017?

I’m thinking about booking a trip to DLP at the end of April next year (hopefully Disney will release the days soon! ) for my husband’s 40th birthday.

We haven’t been since December 2017 though so was hoping for some information on what has changed since then? New attractions/closed attractions and if anyone has any info or rumours of anything that may be closed for a refurb around that time as well that would be great.

Will be quite a different trip for us as will have a 3.5 year old and 6 month old in tow so any tips on travelling with kids would be most welcome too!

Thanks!
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Main thing is cost. Sky high prices, no deals such as meal plans bundled in and fast passes that used to be ‘free’ are now an additional cost.

For new things, the new Avengers Campus is open with mixed reviews. One new ride and one rethemed ride.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Graeme1978
Trying for More Ears

The stunt show has gone now I think and the Studio Tram tour has been re-themed to a Cars attraction
Graeme1978 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

-Free fastpass has been replaced by the paid for service 'Premier Access'
- Avengers Campus is now open, with a new Spider Man ride, re-themed Rock n Rollercoaster, new restaurants and a meet and greet location
- Tower of Terror has had changes and advancements in the story line when in the lifts
- Studio Tram Tour has been rethemed to a Cars attraction
- There is a new Lion King show in Frontierland (it is seasonal, so check closer to the time if it is running for your trip)
- If the 30th anniversary is still running (which I suspect it will be) there is an additional daily parade with show stops in the central plaza multiple times a day.
- The daily fireworks show now features drones at the beginning.

Plus probably lots more that I have forgotten!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

The New York hotel has been rethemed as art of marvel, so lots of artwork and figures/statues if you like marvel.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

We also haven't been since 2017 and have a trip booked for Feb half term. I've definitely noticed the difference in price. It's costing us more for less days next time.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

Have not been since 2012.
But not expecting many changes other than Marvel area.
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
bobafettbach
Getting Excited

Philharmagic wasn't there when we went in 2018, so that's new too. I believe the Disney Junior show has completely changed as well.
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks everyone - this is really helpful!

I had read about the paid for fast pass before but had forgotten about that - definitely need to do some research! I feel like prices have gone up wherever you go so a bit less concerned about that, will probably just end up going for less days.
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Next year is released on the 30th August 😊
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List