Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Aug 22, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
paullexus
Earning More Ears

Disney booking a day process- pointless

Surely they can't still be blaming COVID?

Its a right PITA to be honest. Its put us off visiting Disney this year - after all universal don't do this.

Its just the fact that you have to plan every day in advance. And can you still not park hop until 2pm?

Why are Disney still doing this?

The cynical side of me is saying it allows them to plan capacity better and save money somehow and use Covid as an excuse.

Before it was a free for all and you could basically rock up at and park, go visit another at any time. Now Disney know how many pretty much are in each park.

Gotta be saving money somewhere I reckon!
paullexus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

They’re not blaming covid directly. It’s mainly for staff management due to severe staff shortages in general in the industry.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Technical speak is that it better allows them to handle their logistics & have the right number of people at the right place at the right time. What put's a lie to that of course is that come 2pm it's a free for all! So it's all bean counting!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadot
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
They’re not blaming covid directly. It’s mainly for staff management due to severe staff shortages in general in the industry.
But the fact that you can hop to whatever park you want after 2pm, more than one if you like makes a total nonsense of that argument.
Floridadot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
paullexus
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Floridadot View Post
But the fact that you can hop to whatever park you want after 2pm, more than one if you like makes a total nonsense of that argument.
but I guess they know that a LOT of people dont park hop.

Sorry for me its a bad system and has put us right off.
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
paullexus
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
but not for seaworld and universal it seems!
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
They are not claiming it’s for covid reasons now, and they are quite open about it being for Disney’s benefit, not ours.

There are persistent rumours that they may introduce reservations for your second park also.

Park hopping costs extra in the US so I wonder what proportion of guests never park hop?

It’s a pain for locals and annual passholders. For us Brits, is it any different from the days of having to book FP+ months in advance? Not sure.

Of all the changes lately, park reservations bother me the least.

Edited at 03:40 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadot
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by paullexus View Post
but I guess they know that a LOT of people dont park hop.

Sorry for me its a bad system and has put us right off.
Totally agree it’s a ridiculous system I’ve just had to waste time booking 14 days of park reservations when I won’t even go half of those days at least, just to give myself a very small amount of flexibility. I wouldn’t even be going to Disney if my son and family hadn’t decided to join us and persuaded us we really need to do Disney to see it through a 2 year olds eyes!
Floridadot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Well, it may be a rediculous system (I don't disagree) but the parks are full
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

If you went before using the fast pass system you had to have a plan in place to book your fast passes. No difference really. Easier, in that rather than 3 fast passes per day, its just one park per day you need to book 😊
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List