Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Aug 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadot
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gull View Post
If you went before using the fast pass system you had to have a plan in place to book your fast passes. No difference really. Easier, in that rather than 3 fast passes per day, its just one park per day you need to book 😊
Only did that once or twice and that was a PITA compared to the good old paper fast passes 😂
Floridadot is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Well, it may be a rediculous system (I don't disagree) but the parks are full
Absolutely correct. Although not what we are used to, it is certainly not affecting visitor numbers, and I think reservations may be here to stay.
From Disney’s perspective it helps spread load across the three parks.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
paullexus
Earning More Ears

Of course, with the parks being full Disney can do what they want pretty much and get away with it.

Been going for over 25 years now and I find Disney are taking the paying customer for granted more and more unfortunately. But they get away with it...
paullexus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by paullexus View Post
Of course, with the parks being full Disney can do what they want pretty much and get away with it.

Been going for over 25 years now and I find Disney are taking the paying customer for granted more and more unfortunately. But they get away with it...
They have a product that lots of people want and will do for a while. They know they can keep pushing it because even though I might complain about how frustrating some of the changes are I would still love to be there right now sampling Food & Wine snacks and riding Flight of Passage and Rise of the Resistance. And not to forget sleeping in those amazingly comfy Disney beds. There are too many people like me who will keep going back while the product is still as good as it is.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sorry can "you" please stop using FP+ as a comparison: gig: it's like apples to oranges! You could still turn up at any park that you wanted, with or without FP+, get in & still book those 3x FP+ & any others you could get, how does this compare to if you don't book it you're not getting in ?
Like others I know that we have days booked that are highly unlikely to be used plus we are more than happy to use our UAP & just turn up.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Sorry can "you" please stop using FP+ as a comparison: gig: it's like apples to oranges! You could still turn up at any park that you wanted, with or without FP+, get in & still book those 3x FP+ & any others you could get, how does this compare to if you don't book it you're not getting in ?
Like others I know that we have days booked that are highly unlikely to be used plus we are more than happy to use our UAP & just turn up.
SD
I'll try not to do it in future 😁 As a planner, to me it's the same lol but appreciate not everyone likes to plan each day. Apologies in advance if I forget, I'll try and caveat with 'for planners'
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I'll try not to do it in future 😁 As a planner, to me it's the same lol but appreciate not everyone likes to plan each day. Apologies in advance if I forget, I'll try and caveat with 'for planners'
Sorry but I’m a planner and it’s still different. You may need another caveat! With FP+ we could decide the evening before or in the morning to do a different park and take a chance on FP. We could also park hop before 2pm, an issue that we had this year when staying at the Swan and we wanted to wander freely between Epcot and DHS in the morning.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Sorry but I’m a planner and it’s still different. You may need another caveat! With FP+ we could decide the evening before or in the morning to do a different park and take a chance on FP. We could also park hop before 2pm, an issue that we had this year when staying at the Swan and we wanted to wander freely between Epcot and DHS in the morning.
I'll just not compare it again I'm not going until October, so not experienced it yet. It didnt seem any different planning wise, choosing my parks, as I did it anyway. I can see how it will be different though, hopefully will still be as enjoyable.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I'll just not compare it again I'm not going until October, so not experienced it yet. It didnt seem any different planning wise, choosing my parks, as I did it anyway. I can see how it will be different though, hopefully will still be as enjoyable.
Oh I agree, the actual planning is no different. It’s in practice that it’s worse!

Trip Report Index
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
SD
Agreed! It's what put the nail in the coffin for Disney on our next visit (next month).

I'm a planner and would happily book everything way ahead of time, but my husband is the complete opposite. We balanced this in previous years by me creating a plan but us then having the option to change it at any point once we were out there. It works well as we don't have the daily "where are we going" conversation but aren't tied to the plan either. Park reservations stop this.

It's still very much a first world problem, but at the same time I don't want to spend a fortune on a holiday where I don't have any flexibility to change my mind.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List