Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Aug 22, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

Be Our Guest

Have done CRT but not BOG ... not bothered about characters but is BOG as impressive as it looks or not please? 🤔 We've decided to just do 2 weeks of WDW and miss all the other parks as we need to have a chilled out time rather than stressing about taxis etc (I don't drive). Trying to figure out which dining ADRs we want to try to get for which day... dinner will most likely be outside of parks but still on-site at one or other of the resorts. Thanks 🙂
TheBounce is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Personally I think it was nice to do as a QS once but we probably wouldn’t go back - certainly not at the current prices anyway!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

That's good to know, thanks 👍
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
wasnt that impressed with the food tbh wouldnt do again

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Never understood why people loved it. The theming is excellent, I’ll admit that, but the food is only ever ‘average’. Especially the breakfast. Dinner was better.

My wife loved it so wanted to do it but we aren’t doing it on our upcoming trip.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jontwist
Proud to wear my Ears

jontwist's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Before it was doable, but the set menu is bad value and a canteen atmosphere just doesn’t warrant the cost. Very limited interaction with the Beast.

It goes down as the worst spend we had on our holiday.
jontwist is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

We dud before the menu changed to the current one. With current menu definitely not going!
Tinklebell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Dinner was good pre covid when you could meet the Beast in the library after your meal. There was a photopass photographer there and I got a lovely photo. I wouldn't go there now though.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

Thanks folks. Will steer clear. Personally, I thought other places looked more suitable for us anyway but I just wanted to double-check it wasn't a "must do" at least once type place. Not sure how much we'll use our PhotoPass this time tbh as we aren't doing character meals etc
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TheBounce View Post
Thanks folks. Will steer clear. Personally, I thought other places looked more suitable for us anyway but I just wanted to double-check it wasn't a "must do" at least once type place. Not sure how much we'll use our PhotoPass this time tbh as we aren't doing character meals etc
I think it looks better in photos than it actually is in real life, it is quite noisy and canteen like. But at the same time, it probably is an interesting place to go and see at least once. Shame you can only do so for a pretty expensive meal these days. I have had breakfast and dinner there pre pandemic, I think the food is average, there are many places that will serve better food.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List