Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Is there a reason why people shouldn't use bluetooth on a plane? Is there something on board the plane that cancels it out?
I've never heard that you aren't allowed to use bluetooth on a plane. Many many people do use it on all sorts of aircraft.
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
I’m happy to use the headphones supplied by VA but my daughter said she really wanted to use her own. Think I might have to buy her one of these.
Thanks for sharing this.
I have myself some really nice noise cancelling ones which are amazing for a plane journey. I also use headphones at work and they are also really nice and comfortable, though those are wired. The convenience of having no wires in the way on the plane is going to be a god send. I wont have to worry about getting up with them still on my head, when someone needs the toilet or when i get up and get yanked back by them.
Old 10 Aug 22, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
It's bizarre, on the A350 in Upper, you can connect your phone to the entertainment system to control it via bluetooth, On tui they announce you can't use bluetooth.

I don't get it at all.
That’s interesting to know. We are booked to go on the leisure configuration in May flying upper and I was about to buy a Bluetooth adapter.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FAcup14 View Post
I have myself some really nice noise cancelling ones which are amazing for a plane journey. I also use headphones at work and they are also really nice and comfortable, though those are wired. The convenience of having no wires in the way on the plane is going to be a god send. I wont have to worry about getting up with them still on my head, when someone needs the toilet or when i get up and get yanked back by them.
I have a Sony set that are amazing, but if you want to use the plane entertainment system, you still have to be wired surely?

Edited at 07:39 PM.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
I have a Sony set that are amazing, but if you want to use the plane entertainment system, you still have to be wired surely?
FACup14 posted a link to a Bluetooth receiver they’ll be using al little earlier in the thread. This plugs in where you’d put your headphone jack and you connect your wireless headphones to that. No wires required. Looks like a decent little gadget.
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
Here is the link amazon/dp/B09ZTBZH...p_mob_ap_share

I've been testing it out. It seems to last for about 10 hours. You can also charge it while you use it.

Edited at 10:27 PM.
FAcup14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
blondie28143
Very Serious Dibber

I've been testing it out. It seems to last for about 10 hours. You can also charge it while you use it.
I bought exactly the same ones and flew out on 3rd August with BA.
I set them up the day before I flew and they worked a treat.
As pp commented, you can use the usb charger on the plane whilst using it. Mine did run out of charge about 6 hours in, but I had been playing about with them previously. Plugged them in and went back to my movie.

blondie28143 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
That’s interesting to know. We are booked to go on the leisure configuration in May flying upper and I was about to buy a Bluetooth adapter.
It's only as a control, i'm pretty sure you can't connect headphones to it, I've got a lead for my sennheisers, and flying is the only time i use it.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

While this work with both mine and my dw headphones or will we need a separate one each thanks.
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
It's only as a control, i'm pretty sure you can't connect headphones to it, I've got a lead for my sennheisers, and flying is the only time i use it.
Oh, I think I’ll order a converter then. Thank you.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List