Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jonsgirl80 View Post
Yes I know, it says different things in different places. It’s so confusing.

I’ve just gone and checked my confirmation and it definitely says 10kg carry on though in both the dub-Mco and also in the man-dub sections?
Mine doesn’t unfortunately and I went on live chat and they said we only have 7kg, the bags are so small!
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
It all comes down the the plane type. If it is one of the smaller planes, the lockers are small and simply cant hold normal cabin baggage.

If you know what aircraft that will be used, then you will know what cabin baggage can be taken.
Yes I get that a smaller plane obviously means less space for luggage but I can’t find any confirmation of which plane type is going to be used for which route 🤷
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Just done a dummy booking and on the regional flight to Dublin it quotes for Saver, Smart and Flex fares:
7kg/15lb carry-on bag and 23kg/50lb checked bag

While on the return flight home it quotes for Saver, Smart and Flex fares:
10kg/22lb carry-on bag and 23kg/50lb checked bag

Also done a dummy booking from MCO to UK via Dublin return and the outbound quotes 10kg/22lb carry-on bag and 23kg/50lb checked bag while the return from the UK quotes 7kg/15lb carry-on bag and 23kg/50lb checked bag.

How confusing is that and more especially for the US resident who's allowed 10kg flying into the UK but only 7kgs and a smaller bag when they fly home to the States.

Edited at 10:57 PM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
≈≈≈≈≈≈, I wish I’d known that before I changed to aer lingus from BA. In the current climate I’d rather take more stuff in hand luggage, especially the first few days in case the suitcases go missing. That’s really rubbish.
Didn't you check the Aer Lingus website before making the change?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 03:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We did the Edinburgh Dublin connection a few years ago and the plane was indeed tiny and it was 7kg hand luggage. It was fine but I get under current circumstances you want more hand luggage.

We ended up on Aer Lingus direct from Manchester in July after our Lhr connection was cancelled the night before, cue a frantic reorganisation 😂. Hand luggage restrictions is not really top of your list of questions when faced with a cancelled flight to reorganise.

We used AirTags this year and that did give us extra piece of mind with the luggage.

It’s a good route though with pre clearance. Hope it all goes well.
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Didn't you check the Aer Lingus website before making the change?
I didn’t really have much time when I was on the phone trying to reschedule my whole holiday.
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We did the Edinburgh Dublin connection a few years ago and the plane was indeed tiny and it was 7kg hand luggage. It was fine but I get under current circumstances you want more hand luggage.

We ended up on Aer Lingus direct from Manchester in July after our Lhr connection was cancelled the night before, cue a frantic reorganisation 😂. Hand luggage restrictions is not really top of your list of questions when faced with a cancelled flight to reorganise.

We used AirTags this year and that did give us extra piece of mind with the luggage.

It’s a good route though with pre clearance. Hope it all goes well.
Thank you, I’m going to put air tags in but I just really wanted to have our first few days luggage with us.
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

I really don't understand all the angst about hand luggage weight limuts

The majority of airlines have a limit of 10kg which is only 3 bags of sugar more than the quoted Aer Lingus limit of 7kg. That's not really a lot more.

British Airways seems to be the exception as their hand baggage limit is 23kg.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

7kg is still a decent amount, especially when summer clothes don’t weigh that much. My checked bag on the way over last time, which was a large suitcase, was only 11kg!
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

The issue isn’t so much the mass limit of 10kg. It’s the smaller dimensions of the case allowed. The regional flights state the maximum dimensions are 48cm x33cm x 20cm, while not seeming much smaller it rules out using a regular cabin case.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List