Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 22, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by FAcup14 View Post
Yep. No email or anything. I checked at 11PM and they were there. We are assigned seats H, J and K. Which had me worried for a little bit. However, BA don't have a column I for some reason.
It’s because I can look like a 1 and cause confusion ☺️
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

we flew out with BA in June, i hadn't pre booked seats as never had a problem before, when online check in opened i had automatically been given a row of three extra leg room bulk head seats, now these seats to pre book were £100 each so i was on a bit of a winner there.
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

BA have this odd seating algorithm that works with a pecking order, they often block off seats close to check in and then as online check in opens you will see spare seats open up and move about, not sure how it works exactly but goes with status etc.
They do actively try and seat groups together though,
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I don't think people who've paid should be asked to move to accommodate people who haven't.
No, this would be unfair, I agree.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

We fly Monday. Haven’t yet contacted BA. Will just wait and see what happens. Kind of burying my head in the sand and will tell my daughter she’s on her own and basically run to the back of the plane before she can say anything 😂
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.

Edited at 01:33 PM.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pete1 View Post
So everyone else is organised and pays for their seats together. And you give the airline a sob story to get seated together! 😡
Why didn't the op just book seats together when they booked the holiday?
Must say I agree with you…..we paid £380 extra to book our seats together because it’s important to us…
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KezL View Post
Because it’s just another rip off you shouldn’t have to pay for. Any way businesses can squeeze a bit more money out of you and they’re all for it. And as a mother of an anxious child myself it’s not what I consider a “sob story”, my daughter has been hospitalised with anxiety so I can appreciate the problem
Think we can appreciate your situation but that why were saying pay to book your seats together….saves the stress of hoping you get seats together…

I agree it’s a total rip off having paid £380 extra for our seats but suck it up as part of your holiday cost….
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

*Nothing to do with OP btw, just a side-note*. Personally I wouldn't even consider moving if we've paid £100s on seat selection. If we paid 8 months in advance to avoid anxiety, then it doesn't matter what the situation is. Someone can offer us all money to cover the cost of seat selection plus a 20% "late selection" fee, in dollars, then we might consider it. Possibly 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
My recent BA flight was the same. I never pay for pre booked seats and a few days before like the OP I checked and darn it all the seats were gone. Only a few singles around. When it came to OLCI we had been assigned seats together and I could also move them to loads of others. So I think BA do pre assign seats and block those off for pre booking about a week before. I would imagine the OP’s seats will be assigned together by BA but you just can’t see them.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

BA usually show the seat information the other way round. You look six months before flying and looks like there are hardly any seats together and this tricks you into buying. But when the window for free seats opens up, miraculously there are loads of seats together to pick from.