Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 10 Aug 22, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
PlutoFan
VIP Dibber

After several years - going back?

Hi all,

After six years away, I have been “informed” by my now adult children that they would like to visit Florida again. We’ve had several terrible years so I think a chance to make fresh, happy memories will be good for us all.

So, Dibbers - what’s changed since 2016? What is Disney’s latest scheme to force us to book everything in advance? Is free DDP still a thing? Any info gratefully accepted 😂

Thanks in advance,

Anne

Oct 1993 Grovesnor Resort
Aug 1994 Kissimee Villa / Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa
Oct 1996 Half Moon Beach Club, Sarasota / Buena Vista Palace
Sept. 2002 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2003 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2006 Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Oct / Nov 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 2010 Old Key West / Royal Pacific Resort
August 2013 Hard Rock Hotel / Old Key West Trip Report
August 2016 Hard Rock Hotel / Saratoga Springs Trip Report - Complete!
September 2017 New York Pre-Trip
PlutoFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Welcome back 😁 firstly go check out the price of park tickets then go sit in a corner for a while then start booking your holiday once the shock has left you .
No ddp but a dining credit per room so great if you are a couple or alone or have small kids but a bit pants if you are all adults . Loads of updates on here as it’s changed alot post covid . Enjoy planning but it takes a lot more than it use to especially as you have to prebook park days to gain entry now .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Hello , enjoy all your planning 👍
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Hey Anne

Can’t help on the Disney front as not been in the parks for years but wanted to say sorry you’ve had a horrible time and welcome back x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Hey Anne,
Welcome back, hopefully this planning will be the start of some happier times for you! We haven’t been since 2017 … I’ve tried to keep on top of most changes but there are loads and it feels quite bewildering at times. You’ll find lots of info and threads on here that will help. The first things that come to mind are …
You’ll need to check out park passes - you now have to reserve your first park of the day as well as purchase a ticket.
Fast Pass no longer exists and there is now a paid version called Genie+ so you may (or may not!) want to get your head around that!
As previously said, Dining plan still hasn’t returned, but if you book at the right time, you may be able to get dining credits , which vary depending on the level of hotel you choose.
Some character meals still haven’t returned but I believe they are gradually coming back.
Folk on here are always super helpful, so it’s a great place to ask, but also I’d advise watching some YouTubes such as AllEars or Disney Food Blog, as they might help you to know what you don’t know iyswim
Old 12 Aug 22, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PlutoFan
VIP Dibber

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the welcome - I was just reading a trip report of yours from Mexico - sounded fab.

I’m currently on holiday with the kids and my sons’ partner in Ibiza(!) - I’m in the bar reading something on my kindle and they are all out at a gig seeing Calvin Harris (I think).

Sadly we lost Rob two years ago after he had been ill for several years and then my mum last year so it hasn’t been a good time for us recently.

Oct 1993 Grovesnor Resort
Aug 1994 Kissimee Villa / Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa
Oct 1996 Half Moon Beach Club, Sarasota / Buena Vista Palace
Sept. 2002 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2003 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2006 Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Oct / Nov 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 2010 Old Key West / Royal Pacific Resort
August 2013 Hard Rock Hotel / Old Key West Trip Report
August 2016 Hard Rock Hotel / Saratoga Springs Trip Report - Complete!
September 2017 New York Pre-Trip
PlutoFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cruella2110
Excited about Disney

cruella2110's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi! Welcome back! Same as you as we're going back after 6 years away and the changes are enormous aren't they? Good luck planning sorry to hear you've had some terrible times, let this be the best antidote to sadness!
Silver Creek Villa August 2013,
Sandy Ridge May 2016, Solterra June 2023.
cruella2110 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi enjoy all your planning
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List