Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Aug 22, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Just booked!

I’m so excited!
It’ll be 15 years to the day since we last went to DLP and I swore we’d never go back…
But, we have the smallest window of opportunity to get away before DS heads off in sept so we’re having 4 nights at the CenterParcs there and 2 days in the parks. There are mixed reviews for the hotel but recent vlogs seem fine. Plus I had Clubcard points to use through Hotels.com so that element is essentially almost free anyway 🤷
We can’t wait for the magic!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 06:16 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a great trip
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Love DLP 😍💕
Have a champagne infront of the castle for me x
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinkle-Dolphin View Post
Have a great trip
Thank you! It was a bit of an impulse book and I’m so excited!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Love DLP 😍💕
Have a champagne infront of the castle for me x
Great idea! Will do 🥂
All the restaurants are full but actually we’re not fussed. There’s a little food and wine event on so we’re sorted 😀

Old 11 Aug 22, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Torypops
Imagineer

Have a magical time 🤗 🪄
Torypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Oh, fantastic!

You will be able to get into plenty of restaurants. Several are not owned by Disney and/or not bookable. King Ludwig's has become a favourite of ours, and not just for the happy hour. Good flatbreads (flammekuechen) and the theming inside is lovely.

There's also Annette's which doesn't take bookings. As long as you don't go when a lot of people are leaving the park (eg just after a parade) you should be able to get in.

Rainforest Cafe don't take bookings either.

Also there's Vapiano's, Five Guys, Earl of Sandwich...

The food festival booths are nice but bear in mind portions are small and prices are high, just like WDW!

Have you bought dated park tickets? If so you don't need to make park reservations.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Oh, fantastic!

You will be able to get into plenty of restaurants. Several are not owned by Disney and/or not bookable. King Ludwig's has become a favourite of ours, and not just for the happy hour. Good flatbreads (flammekuechen) and the theming inside is lovely.

There's also Annette's which doesn't take bookings. As long as you don't go when a lot of people are leaving the park (eg just after a parade) you should be able to get in.

Rainforest Cafe don't take bookings either.

Also there's Vapiano's, Five Guys, Earl of Sandwich...

The food festival booths are nice but bear in mind portions are small and prices are high, just like WDW!

Have you bought dated park tickets? If so you don't need to make park reservations.
This is really helpful, thank you!
I must admit I didn’t see anything I felt we’d particularly be missing out on and had been looking further afield!
The bonus of being at Centerparcs is that we’ll have the ability to make breakfast at least and they must have a mini market there I guess.
DS had clocked the Five Guys so we might do that one eve and I LOVE flammekuechen so am about to look that up now 😋
I saw your burger (I think it was burgers) recommendation and he’d already found that too! Is that near a shopping centre?

We have bought dated tickets. A Tues and a wed. I’m kind of hoping as it’s slap bang in the middle of the week, it might not be as busy as it could be 🤔

Edited at 10:44 AM.