Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 3 Sep 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

If you want to eat where the locals eat try Boondocks
Lovely food and you can feed your scraps to the catfish from the deck - it’s crazy watching them.
Sunsets from the dock at the restaurant is lovely
Google your hotel and just follow the road down on the map and you can see where it is.
You can drive on the beach for a fee - tide permitting
Old 3 Sep 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
Your experience of what a Gentlemans Club is may include nude striptease and topless bars but this is not the case in Daytona Beach where nudity is illegal.

You drive into the town down International Speedway and you will see 4 clubs You reach the beach which is 22 miles long and has 1 club along this 22 mile length.

With respect I think day trippers should not pretend they know about any area they visit. Why did you go to Daytona and what did you do when you were there?
We went early in the morning for a day there Barry. Arrived about 9.30am. We drove in from St Augustine and parked up near a splash park outside the Landshark bar. We spent some time on the beach there, and walked then towards the pier and the amusements. We had lunch down there and came home later in the afternoon.
We drove in via the 600 and 92 with the strip clubs, biker bars and empty lots- it’s where the car was accosted by aggressive beggars at traffic lights saying they wanted money for beer. I was surprised this road ran right into the beach area with the ‘Welcome to Daytona’ and sun on the floor.
I like old time seaside resorts, for example, love places in New Jersey, and a favourite of ours is Rehobeth. I even quite like places like Ocean City in Maryland.
But heck, Daytona was rough. My wife and kids also said so.
I was actually quite sad as have good memories of it 20 years ago.
I’m not pretending anything- not sure why you are so aggressive. Here’s some photos I took.

Edited at 07:18 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

There’s a lovely little beach on Sebastian inlet...Towards Marlborough beach way.

It’s nice to see. I’m sure you will enjoy it. Like anywhere there’s good bits & bad bits however I’ve not been discouraged and used common sense as you would with any other place you visit 😊
Old 3 Sep 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by tylergeorgia View Post
If you want to eat where the locals eat try Boondocks
Lovely food and you can feed your scraps to the catfish from the deck - it’s crazy watching them.
Sunsets from the dock at the restaurant is lovely
Google your hotel and just follow the road down on the map and you can see where it is.
You can drive on the beach for a fee - tide permitting
Thanks will do
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We went early in the morning for a day there Barry. Arrived about 9.30am. We drove in from St Augustine and parked up near a splash park outside the Landshark bar. We spent some time on the beach there, and walked then towards the pier and the amusements. We had lunch down there and came home later in the afternoon.
We drove in via the 600 and 92 with the strip clubs, biker bars and empty lots- it’s where the car was accosted by aggressive beggars at traffic lights saying they wanted money for beer. I was surprised this road ran right into the beach area with the ‘Welcome to Daytona’ and sun on the floor.
I like old time seaside resorts, for example, love places in New Jersey, and a favourite of ours is Rehobeth. I even quite like places like Ocean City in Maryland.
But heck, Daytona was rough. My wife and kids also said so.
I was actually quite sad as have good memories of it 20 years ago.
Ok. Very strange not to drive from St Augustine via the A1A. Your experience would have been totally different.

Your beach experience was about 400yds:not very informative.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
Ok. Very strange not to drive from St Augustine via the A1A. Your experience would have been totally different.

Your beach experience was about 400yds:not very informative.
I wouldn’t call it strange to drive down the I95 rather than a coastal road but you are entitled to your opinion!
I’m sure there are nice areas.
It is high crime though you can’t deny that.

Edited at 07:27 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
missymouse
slightly serious Dibber

we got married at Daytona Beach 10 years ago and had a really lovely couple of nights there. It's not the same as being on the west coast but it's nice enough to go for a couple of nights. We are going there again for one night next year.
missymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List