Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Jan 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

I'm very late in catching up with this but thank you so much for all your wonderful trip reports over the years! What an emotional ending! I've really enjoyed reading about your adventures and seeing the boys grow up. Good luck with your career change, sounds like it was needed.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Wow that gave me the wet eyes reading that
Always a great read, thank you
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

I’ve enjoyed your TR’s all through the years, and I always looked for your boys in their Everton shirts in the park having a couple of evertonians in our family. I’m sure you will be back at some point so will wait for that trip report also.
I hope whatever you do now goes well for you. I’ve had to give up my career, also a vocation (dentist), due to problems with my hands and I’m finding the loss very difficult but hopefully if it has been a bit of a choice it is easier for you. Whatever you do good luck.
Old 19 Apr 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've loved reading your report, and sad it's over!
Wishing you all the best.
Old 27 Apr 21, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by rubberduckie89 View Post
I've loved reading your report, and sad it's over!
Wishing you all the best.
Thanks for reading and also for a huge reminder that I have many people on this thread that I have not thanked for their well wishes. It has been a tough few months in lockdown!

Appreciate your message and glad you enjoyed the read - most of it keeps cropping up on our podcast or live Youtube show each Wednesday!

Thank you

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been off the dibb for some time, just couldn't bear to watch my countdown for our 'didn't happen' trip at Easter.

However back now and your report is the first I've returned to.

Like others I'll say it brought a tear to my eye. That's a positive reflection on the quality of your writing. You've brought your holidays to life. You've made me smile, laugh, and now cry! Some of the best trip reports I've ever read and a sincere thanks for that.

I hope your new endeavour brings you happiness and success. All the best to you and your family. Hope you get to enjoy another adventure soon (blimey at this stage in the pandemic I hope we all do!). That's a lot of "hope" in one paragraph but i think that's where we're all at right now!

Ps Love the picture of your two much younger boys with Pinochio!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for your TR. I only joined recently but have read most if not all your TR's and have enjoyed them so much. Gosh an emotional post. I hope all is well with you all and I hope to see a TR in the future.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
After so much time avoiding any thought of Florida and quite frankly getting bogged down in lockdowns and such - I am back and I am goingto honour my original plan to reply to every single person who has posted - I have neglected you for far too long - Apologies but if you listen to our podcast then you will understand that I have been a bit busy in recent times !
I have also started up a new business which really has taken all my inner strength to get trained and started. In the next few days I will ensure that this whole trip report is answered in teh way I originally intended and I hope that long time readers also join in too - I have missed being on The Dibb and have also missed planning a Florida holiday.
Thankfully better days are coming once teh borders open in November and at this moment I am realy looking forward to sharing the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World online watching so many streams and also being part of The Great British Mickey Waffle live on Friday bringing friends from across teh pond closer to each of us yearning for our next Disney visit.

For everyone awaiting a response - it will be with you as soon as possible and many thanks for your patience as always

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Kcstyle View Post
i only just started reading your reports and you are straight in the top 3 with Wizzo and Scottish Nellie - fantastic! love reading reports with 2 kids (mine are 8 & 10). Cannot wait to look back at your older reports!

Hope someday you make it back possibly with your kids again possibly with grandkids! I am sure this won't be the last we hear from you!

Hope all goes well with your private life and keep smiling! I love your quote at the end and will be using it with my family when we are at the sad end of the holiday...

Cheers
Kris

Thanks Kris,
Apologies for the late reply - see above to add to the understanding!

Heady comparisons and thank you so much for even putting me in the same sentence as Wizzo and Scottish Nellie

With your kids at that age you have such an amazing opportunity to now get back to the magic and share so much of the stuff we have enjoyed over so many years. I get to keep talking about this on the GBMW podcast too

As for keepinmg smiling - it is bigger now than when all of this trip was written and I always remain thankful for teh support of my whole family in that

As for getting back to the place we all love - it will happen, after all the lockdown days it has to - but when , well I 'm still not sure.

Thanks for your reply on this thread and appreciate you reading- your words are greatly appreciated.

Old 17 Oct 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
I don’t look on DIBB as often now, not much urgency as all our trips get put back (should have been there this week 😟&#128532 I don’t really know why I had a quick look today while waiting to pick one of the kids up but here it was, the final instalment. So as instructed just put kettle on when I got in and laughed, cried and smiled with the other Dibbers.
It’s been a great journey with you, Alison and the boys. Life-changing decision: wow
Hoping your new path is a great one and I was just about to say about the grandkids trip in the future.
So many happy memories for you all. Thanks for sharing your adventures and for all those laughs we’ve had along the way
Can I just turn whole thing around and just say thank you for all of your reading of all of the days I have ever typed - your support has been amazing

LOve your new countdown and in the days of open ed borders we all will have the chance to get back to our happy place sooner rather than later.

I have been in a bit of a Dibb lull too, still ove talking on our podcast but really in a position where I have not wanted to have that planning buzz again.
It will return!

Thanks for all of your reading and support along the way of each trip

Enjoy your countdown!