Notices

Old 25 Apr 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Pre Trip Report: Cheating on Walt Disney World… with TWO wives!

Update - 07/06

Pre-Travel Day

Index

First of all I would like to apologise for what may be the worst trip report known to man. Hoping to up my writing ability and gain confidence to write a trip report for our 2019 WDW adventure.
I started writing for our 2016 trip but then I had a baby, blah blah busy blah tired etc etc.
Anyways my Essex twang, poor spelling and grammar – This is going to be one interesting read to you all.

So who are we:
My name is Becca, im 27. Love the sunshine, to travel and Disney. I work as a purchaser for an IT company so always after a bargain.
My husband of nearly 3 years. James, 33. Accountant by day, Disney geek by night. James is in love with the history and hidden secrets of WDW.

Our son Alex, 18 months when we fly. Loves books, balls and climbing. We are going to leave it as a surprise and not tell him till the night before we go. JUST KIDDING! He is 18 months old, he is not going to have a clue what is going on but I'm sure he will have a fabulous time with us all.

And not forgetting….
Yasmin. Also 27, been my best friend for over 10 years. The most happiest and bubbliest person in the world. Works as a college lecture, teaching the youths of today to be nursery nurses and teachers. Poor Yaz unfortunately has just come out of a long term relationship so this is our way of cheering her up. Taking her to the happiest place on earth. Where else would you want to go with an 18 month old that’s not yours hahah!

Well guys, that’s us. If you think Yaz is the tag along you would be wrong. Its James! Us girls had it all planned. Me, Yaz and Alex were going to fly from Stanstead to Charles de Gaulle, take the magical transport for two days in Sequoia Lodge Hotel. I was going to have a glass of wine in the airport and always going to be right with the world.
Until Mr Disney didn’t want to miss out – Who could blame him, what with it being Alex’s first trip to the castle.

So heres our plan kids

11th July – Stay at Dover (Central) premier inn – Cheaper than Folkstone
It will take us 2 hours to get here.
Cost: £127 for two rooms

12th July – Travel by Eurotunnel to Calais

Cost: £129 (£63 outbound /£66 return)

For us this was the cheapest way to travel. A bit time consuming once we get to France but we have the car and its far less chaos then having to treck to London with a baby, pushchair and all Yaz’s luggage – luckily I have a big car!
Staying at the Davey Crockett Ranch, 2 bed pioneer cabin.
Returning home on Sunday 15th July

Cost: £1037.57

In this we got park tickets, 25% off the hotel and free standard half board. All the restaurants are buffet but this is perfect for us with little man.
I think that is it – I will update if anything exciting happens – like matching T-Shirts (good luck Yaz)

If anyone has any tips for driving in France that would be most helpful. I am piolet for this trip. The wine will have to wait.

Thanks for reading
Bec x

Becca

Edited at 08:04 PM.
Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great start, looking forward to reading this as we are planning to go next year and our daughter will be 19 months. Alex is so cute!
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Make sure you have all the required items needed to drive in France, eg high visibility jackets,bulbs etc. tolls are around €22.10 I think each way, payable when you exit the toll road not as you collect the ticket. It's a quick 3hrs from Calais. Remember to let those coming onto road have the right of way. It's a pretty straight forward drive. We've been doing it for a number of years now, traveling with kids as young as 10 months. We just pack snacks and drinks and DVDs for the kids in the car.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Alex is cute! My eldest is an Alex too.

We loved Davy Crockett Ranch when we stayed there. The drive down from Calais was pretty easy, as already mentioned we bought a kit with all the things you're required to have in your car in France, I believe it has to be accessible in the car, not in the boot.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by KristyA View Post
Great start, looking forward to reading this as we are planning to go next year and our daughter will be 19 months. Alex is so cute!
Yay amazing! Awww thank you.

Becca

Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
Make sure you have all the required items needed to drive in France, eg high visibility jackets,bulbs etc. tolls are around €22.10 I think each way, payable when you exit the toll road not as you collect the ticket. It's a quick 3hrs from Calais. Remember to let those coming onto road have the right of way. It's a pretty straight forward drive. We've been doing it for a number of years now, traveling with kids as young as 10 months. We just pack snacks and drinks and DVDs for the kids in the car.

22.10 wow I didn't even know this. So thank you!

Becca

Old 1 May 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Alex is cute! My eldest is an Alex too.

We loved Davy Crockett Ranch when we stayed there. The drive down from Calais was pretty easy, as already mentioned we bought a kit with all the things you're required to have in your car in France, I believe it has to be accessible in the car, not in the boot.

An Alexander too?

Brill thank you. O I didn't know you couldn't have it in your boot!

Becca

Old 1 May 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beccab0301 View Post
An Alexander too?

Brill thank you. O I didn't know you couldn't have it in your boot!
Yes he is, although he isn't called it very often!

I can't remember if it was everything or just the high vis jackets, but there was definitely something that had to be accessible
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

So with less than 60 days to go I thought I would do a little update on the dining reservations, we have booked. As you know we have the free half board with our booking, which gives each person a token for breakfast each morning; and a lunch or dinner. The places you can eat at for lunch/dinner are as followed:

Restaurant Agrabah Café (Disneyland Park)
Restaurant des Stars (Studios)
The Grange at Billy Bobs Country Western Saloon (Village)
Chuck Wagons Café (Cheyenne Hotel)
La Cantina (Santa Fe)
Crocketts Tavern (Wilderness Lodge) - Which is closed when we go, annoying as this is where we are staying.

Breakfast is only at one place in the Studios which seems a bit stupid. We've confirmed this with DL chat, you have to purchase the breakfast package if you want anymore options. Might be a good idea as you can have the buffet breakfast at your hotel, our hotel restaurant is closed so makes me no difference to us.

We were determined to go with the flow and eat when we are hungry, but put the question out on the DIBB "shall we book dining reservation" and the answer was a very huge "YES". The time we are going is set to be busy and as we have Alex with us winging it wont be happening for us.

So to book Booking Reservations you have to call an international number. The call took less than 15 mins and cost us £20 for doing this on mobile. When I say us, I mean James haha. I know its a lot of money for a phone call but I feel better about having tables booked and at least I know we wont be waiting around. Disney Paris need an app like WDW, it would make the whole process a lot easier. After James had a little cry about the cost of the call he was able to say what he managed to book. Reservations are as followed:

1st Day - Chuck Wagon Café for Dinner
2nd Day - The Grange at Billy Bobs for Dinner
3rd Day - Restaurant Des Stars for Lunch

Getting very excited now. As Alex is getting slightly older and his little character is coming out more and more, I cannot wait to take him. Also my best friend is coming; it may quite possibly be the best trip.

Also just quickly very exciting James and I (& Alex) have booked WDW for 2019 staying on property! We are very excited, Disney is the only topic in the Meek household #meeksontour. We went to Orlando in 2016, and 2 weeks before we flew I found out I was pregnant with Alex. This completely changed our full-on plans and I do remember at one point almost laying down in a queue for Flight of the Hippogriff feeling very queezy. So no plans for baby number 2 before WDW!

I digress (this happens a lot by the way. I like to chat!)

Not many things to do now. A few Disney T-shirts have been bought for me and Alex (you will have to wait to see these beauties); just the essentials for the car and snackage to go! But this will done closer to the time.

Stay tuned Kids for the trip report! Wish me luck!

Love Bec x

Becca

Old 11 Sep 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Bit late to the party here but looking forward to reading your adventures.

Alex is a little cutie, I hope he had fun.

Love how the hubbie disrupted your plans of a glass of wine at the airport, hopefully he will be a good co-pilot for the drive.

Looking forward to reading more

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List