Notices

Old 16 Feb 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It is exciting. We're going to watch inside out tonight to get us in a Disney mood!
We love Inside Out, especially Noah, he has 3 Bing Bongs, one even smells of cotton candy I hope you enjoyed it x

I've discovered this morning that there is going to be major disruption to the Eurostar service into Paris this weekend

There is an unexploded WW2 bomb near the Gare du Nord. So, tomorrow the French authorities will be deactivating the bomb. They will be evacuating some residential areas and according to the website there will be major disruption to the trains as well.

From what I can tell our train will be running and should not be affected. We are on the 9128 11.15am train from Ebbsfleet, we change at Lille and get on the 9830 14.03 train to DLP.

Eurostar have cancelled some services into and out of Paris and changed the times of some trains. But the affected trains seem to be those starting with a 90** number. They are advising customers travelling this weekend to change their plans due to the high volume of customers and limited availability.

However, as we are not actually going into Paris I'm hopeful we will be ok

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get to Ebbsfleet a little bit earlier...any ideas?

Can someone reassure me?
Oh no way this is the last thing you want to hear. Me personally I would rather be there early and wait. Hopefully they get it sorted and it doesn't affect your train. We haven't used the Eurostar so I';m not sure on the areas and things. I guess all you can do is keep an eye on it and hope for the best. I have everything crossed for you! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Hope the travel isn’t too disruptive, it may actually mean that some people avoid travelling that day, especially if they are heading into central Paris, so it may be quieter than usual. I would set out a little earlier too, just to not feel too stressed. I have never used Eurostar either but if there are any likely problems with travel, I like to give extra time.

DH and I are heading into Cardiff next week to the theatre in city centre, we have booked train tickets too, only to discover it’s the big Wales v England six nations rugby match on the same day 😒 The trains and city centre are going to be rammed, so we are heading down a little earlier in case the first train is too full by the time it gets to our station.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The train to Lille doesn’t go anywhere near Paris so you should be fine.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

It sounds like the shows will be quite interesting then with some of it in French and some in English.

Kate would love the hot chocolate so I'll make a note of that, it will be nice to have somewhere to stop if we get cold.

I'm not sure what to do about characters. I've downloaded the line berty app as I discovered you can reserve your place in line. Meeting the characters is a big part of our trips usually but I don't fancy waiting more than 20 to 30 minutes, so I appreciate knowing that even if it's a short line it's going to be a pretty long wait.
Lineberty is only for Studios, not Disneyland Park.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
We love Inside Out, especially Noah, he has 3 Bing Bongs, one even smells of cotton candy I hope you enjoyed it x

Oh no way this is the last thing you want to hear. Me personally I would rather be there early and wait. Hopefully they get it sorted and it doesn't affect your train. We haven't used the Eurostar so I';m not sure on the areas and things. I guess all you can do is keep an eye on it and hope for the best. I have everything crossed for you! Xx
The movie was great, I cried as per usual! I'm keeping everything crossed too.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Hope the travel isn’t too disruptive, it may actually mean that some people avoid travelling that day, especially if they are heading into central Paris, so it may be quieter than usual. I would set out a little earlier too, just to not feel too stressed. I have never used Eurostar either but if there are any likely problems with travel, I like to give extra time.

DH and I are heading into Cardiff next week to the theatre in city centre, we have booked train tickets too, only to discover it’s the big Wales v England six nations rugby match on the same day 😒 The trains and city centre are going to be rammed, so we are heading down a little earlier in case the first train is too full by the time it gets to our station.
Yes I've decided we may as well leave a bit earlier and then we can have some breakfast when we get to the station if we end up with loads of time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
The train to Lille doesn’t go anywhere near Paris so you should be fine.
That was what I thought, but we've only ever used the Eurostar once before and that was to Brussels.

Thank you x

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Lineberty is only for Studios, not Disneyland Park.
I think I did know that, thanks for reminding me.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Have a fantastic trip. Hopefully your travel is not disrupted.

It's been years since we did DLP but we loved it. The Buzz Lightyear this is way better than WDW.
Old 16 Feb 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Have a fantastic trip. Hopefully your travel is not disrupted.

It's been years since we did DLP but we loved it. The Buzz Lightyear this is way better than WDW.
We weren't too fussed about Buzz, as we're both so rubbish, but actually the decision was taken out of our hands anyway as I believe it is closed for refurbs. Now that you've said how good it is compared to wdw I'm a bit sad!

Old 16 Feb 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We weren't too fussed about Buzz, as we're both so rubbish, but actually the decision was taken out of our hands anyway as I believe it is closed for refurbs. Now that you've said how good it is compared to wdw I'm a bit sad!
Oh no. That’s one of my favourites.

Loads of other great stuff to do though.
Old 16 Feb 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Oh no. That’s one of my favourites.

Loads of other great stuff to do though.
There's always something closed for refurbs, we're not too fussed.