Notices

Old 2 Aug 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jb_82
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
That’s good to hear they’re cleaning, not so good that it’s still extremely busy with reduced capacity.
Hope you enjoyed both of your days?
We usually always take a picnic & just buy the kids an ice cream (mainly to save money), but at least it means we won’t be queuing for meals. I say picnic, but with staying at Premier inn for 2 nights we won’t have anywhere to keep food cold, so on the morning of going to Paulton’s Park we usually nip to a nearby Morrisons and grab a meal deal each and a bag of large cookies.
I’m looking forward to a tiny bit of American vibe as their new Tornado Springs area & rides are open (the area based on 1950’s America). I’ll try & post a few photos when we return!
We went to Paultons Park last week. We had a great time and the park are doing a great job. Some areas felt busy especially Peppa pig world at some parts of the day but there are plenty of open spaces to escape to. Social distancing markers in all the queues and most people stuck to them. Some lines got up to 45 mins or so but we found if you came back later it was a much more reasonable 20 mins or so.

The new area is not open yet, it was meant to in May but it has been delayed until 2021.
jb_82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

We got back from our weekend at Alton towers last night.
The hotel was lovely, however there is no way on earth AT are running at reduced capacity, all the car parks were full, the parks were full and waiting times for the big rides were 60mins or more most of the day for the two days we were there. Smiler, thirteen and wicker man We’re normally 90-120 mins.
The water park was also very busy. Even the extraordinary golf was packed!
I was aware of the crowd levels before we went so I was prepared for it, however if people are expecting a quieter or empty park... don’t go!
Social distancing was also more or less non existent most of the weekend!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
We got back from our weekend at Alton towers last night.
The hotel was lovely, however there is no way on earth AT are running at reduced capacity, all the car parks were full, the parks were full and waiting times for the big rides were 60mins or more most of the day for the two days we were there. Smiler, thirteen and wicker man We’re normally 90-120 mins.
The water park was also very busy. Even the extraordinary golf was packed!
I was aware of the crowd levels before we went so I was prepared for it, however if people are expecting a quieter or empty park... don’t go!
Social distancing was also more or less non existent most of the weekend!
Were you able to use the second entrance at half 9 to gain early access?
mikeclark007 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Were you able to use the second entrance at half 9 to gain early access?
There is no early access anymore .
Park opens at 9:30 for everyone And rides open at 10
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
There is no early access anymore .
Park opens at 9:30 for everyone And rides open at 10
Ok thank you. Does that include the second entrance? Please tell me I don’t have to go to the main gate once we get parked up 😥
mikeclark007 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Ok thank you. Does that include the second entrance? Please tell me I don’t have to go to the main gate once we get parked up 😥
Galactica entrance is open 9:30-11/11:30 but in the afternoon you’ll have to walk back from the main entrance . We managed to avoid that by staying till park close !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Mobile

We were planning on a overnight trip to legoland next week as should be in Spain but have decided against it after hearing how busy it is.
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

We have been to Chessington and Alton Towers, both where fine. I know they have increased numbers now and we are going to AT for the weekend so can update on how it feels now. The other week personally I felt way better than I do going to the Zoo.
Old 5 Aug 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

We did Drayton Manor yesterday and had one of the best days we’ve ever had there! It all felt very safe, there was enough people to give it atmosphere without it feeling like they’d let to many people in.
We’re doing Chessington next week which I’m a bit worried about, after reading how busy it feels, but we’re going to make a plan of the rides we really want to do as we know there’s no way we’ll do all of them.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did 2 days at Alton towers Tuesday & Wednesday this week.
Not sure they have reduced capacity to be honest seemed like normalish but with social distancing queues.
There is hand sanitiser around not massive amounts but usually at entrance and exit.
They have tried to distance the queues using cevrons on the ground would be quite good if not for most people being morons especially teenagers but in fairness high number of adults too.
Rule's on rides seem to be make it up some every other row others full carts with masks. Others split by blocking seats to split parties.
Cleaning random and not often.
Toilets and most eateries are badly managed with little distancing and pretty poor.
Toilets badly managed especially by the entrance.
Queue times can be pretty long although some nowhere near the displayed time.
Queue time displayer is from ride entrance proper not from the extended queue outside the ride.
Temperature checks on the way in and quite well managed guiding to ticket booth's.
It's not great but better than no park all you can do is manage yourselves and try to ignore the mess around you.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List