Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 6 Dec 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile London

My husband is really keen for us and 9 year old son to visit London the Feb half term. Im not sure if I am keen, I know we need to start living our lives but we wont know what 'restrictions' be in place then.
He is looking to fly from Newcastle, seen hotel in Bloomsbury which should hopefully mean we dont need to get the tube.
I do want my son to visit London but is it too soon?
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Unless you are planning on not seeing a lot ,or you are happy to walk everywhere you will still need the tube or bus.
If you arent happy about it why not leave it till May half term those 3 months will make a lot of difference,
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Personally I would wait until after Easter when the restrictions will hopefully be mostly gone.

I live locally and won’t go into town until the Summer. I was looking at theatre shows for July last night. Maybe I see it differently as I’m local, but I don’t go anywhere crowded at the moment and am waiting until most people are vaccinated and restrictions mostly dropped before I plan day trips.

Having said that, I’m going to Dubai next week so I’m a bit of a hypocrite 😂
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We went in September for a night as Fortnum and Mason were doing BOGOF on their afternoon tea. We had a nice time but if it’s your son’s first time I would probably wait until later in the year to get a full experience.

February can be very cold and rainy (I’ve known it to snow in February half term) and if you want to walk everywhere that might not be much fun if you’re wet. Also, shows will still be either restricted or dark, many restaurants have limited capacity and lots of the museums are timed entry only so you’d constantly be clock watching.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Love taking my kids to London, I would absolutely go but no point if you are going to be worried.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
My husband is really keen for us and 9 year old son to visit London the Feb half term. Im not sure if I am keen, I know we need to start living our lives but we wont know what 'restrictions' be in place then.
He is looking to fly from Newcastle, seen hotel in Bloomsbury which should hopefully mean we dont need to get the tube.
I do want my son to visit London but is it too soon?
Surely you'd need to catch the tube from Heathrow to get to your hotel?

I agree with many of the other posters, February is too early, wait until May.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
February in London can be miserable if the weather is bad. You most definitely will not want to walk everywhere. As others have said I agree that you might want to wait a little longer for better weather and a reprieve from the virus would be the best thing.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We have a similar dilemma. I have already bought Harry Potter studio tickets. Bought When Feb seemed like a sure bet.

I was going to combine with a London trip but I think we may end up just driving to the studio and staying in a premier inn.

Assuming we are out of tier 3🤞
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Coming from someone who works in London and been working from home since March, I would say wait if you can.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We have a similar dilemma. I have already bought Harry Potter studio tickets. Bought When Feb seemed like a sure bet.

I was going to combine with a London trip but I think we may end up just driving to the studio and staying in a premier inn.

Assuming we are out of tier 3🤞
As far as I know, the HPS is in Watford- a reasonable distance from London. As a Londoner myself, I wouldn’t plan on going there after a trip to Watford. So if you decide on just going to the studios I don’t feel your day would fall short by not going to London. Also the congestion charge is every day of the week now - so weekend visits are not as “cheap” as previously.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List