Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jan 21, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Looking at what you've posted BA have given you a room from the day/time you arrive, till the day you leave so I wouldn't worry personally.
That’s what I think too.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

BA Holiday have a special weekend offer - starts today Friday until Tuesday 12th and is an additional £100 off (inc sale prices)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
BA Holiday have a special weekend offer - starts today Friday until Tuesday 12th and is an additional £100 off (inc sale prices)
Thanks 🙏

I think this was showing last night but I’ll look again.

Now just to decide whether it’s time to ditch our April booking to Florida 😭 and use the vouchers for this instead 🤷

We have flights booked, club return so the amount due back would cover a bid chunk of this. Also a Disney cruise which I’m certain won’t go ahead.

Part of me wants to wait a bit longer though. We had Tenerife booked for October half term 2020 and cancelled a week before only for the restrictions to be lifted the day before we would have been due to go.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Thanks 🙏

I think this was showing last night but I’ll look again.

Now just to decide whether it’s time to ditch our April booking to Florida 😭 and use the vouchers for this instead 🤷

We have flights booked, club return so the amount due back would cover a bid chunk of this. Also a Disney cruise which I’m certain won’t go ahead.

Part of me wants to wait a bit longer though. We had Tenerife booked for October half term 2020 and cancelled a week before only for the restrictions to be lifted the day before we would have been due to go.

Probably - an email hit my box over night. Not much of a deal breaker but hey £100 over an already sale price would by a few cocktails (Even in Dubai !) and hope it helps someone ...
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

BA just been on the news - they are withdrawing all holidays form this weekend - stopping all sales and contacting customers who have recently made a booking . Was n BBC Radio 4 so I guess more details later
Old 8 Jan 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
BA just been on the news - they are withdrawing all holidays form this weekend - stopping all sales and contacting customers who have recently made a booking . Was n BBC Radio 4 so I guess more details later
Surely they won’t be stopping all bookings. The other operators are still taking future bookings.

I agree it doesn’t make sense to be selling packages due to depart during the current lockdown period though.

Likewise doesn’t make sense for them not to able to take bookings for December.
Old 8 Jan 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Surely they won’t be stopping all bookings. The other operators are still taking future bookings.

I agree it doesn’t make sense to be selling packages due to depart during the current lockdown period though.

Likewise doesn’t make sense for them not to able to take bookings for December.
Looks like all bookings and withdrawing from the package market

BA Holidays reverses decision to continue sales bbc/news/business-55588798

But its a changing feast
Old 8 Jan 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Oh my gosh! This isn't good news at all. We've got two booked with them. Well the UK it is then!
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

We've got Dubai booked for May half term.

We go on Thursday 26th at 11pm - means the girls can go to school and we can go to Heathrow after school, meeting my husband at his office in central London on the train (or drive if he is still working from home)

We arrive in Dubai around 7am. Hoping to sleep on the plane and have a day around the pool when we get there

Coming home we leave on the 6th June. Were on the 12:30pm flight and will land at Heathrow early evening so we can shower and go to bed and go to school the next day.

Dubai is lovely and its currently what's keeping me going but I'm unsure if it'll actually happen
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Just seen that I think your looking at the same hotel were booked into
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List