Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jan 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

My vacation begins from the moment I lock the front door and we get in the car.

The 5 hr drive to LHR flies by as the excitement mounts, the Trees on the hill at the Cornish border with England, the single position of steering wheel loop down onto the A303, Yeovilton (used to live there), Stonehenge (used to live Amesbury), The Wallop turn off (used to live there) and finally the dumping of the car at Purple parking before checking in to the Bath Rd Prem Inn.

The Prem Inn meal deal
People watching in the atrium over a Pinot after, said Prem Inn meal deal.
The morning of flight and the people watching in the Terminal as the minutes click by.
The 9 hours flight (or 10 plus to California) passes by fast with the anticipation of arrival, drinkies, airline meal, IFE. I absolutely love it.
The anticipation of arrival.

As I said at the start. Our vacation begins at key turn! Thinking positive throughout is the key.

Edited at 09:51 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Love the flight

Breakfast in clubhouse, lunch onboard, then sleep until about 45 minutes before landing.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

When the children were little, the flights were more a means to an end and anything but relaxing! We now go across 4/5 times a year and fly UC so enjoy chilling on the way over and sleeping on the way back!
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I am both ways over it.

Far prefer the outward flight. Dislike the return as I can't sleep and normally have to drive when we land.

Like looking at the entertainment choice and will plan what I am going to watch. First film is usually to schedule and then it goes to pot after that.

Food is there to break up the monotony.

Used to like a window seat but havn't had one for years as the kids always took them and then ignored the view.

Try not to look at the watch until at least 5 hours have gone, equally try to avoid the flight map until after half way.

Haven't been long haul for at least 4 years. Been cruising recently and its just to Italy. Surprising how short and easy that is compared to Orlando.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Hate it, hate flying, my holiday starts when I touch down at my destination.
If I could have a superpower, it would be teleportation.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

I hate everything about it, I don’t even switch on the IFE I just plug myself into an audio book close my eyes go to sleep and don’t move until we land.

No matter which class I have traveled in I don’t eat anything at all, I don’t drink alcohol anyway but only drink water on board to keep hydrated. I don’t even speak to my OH from take off to landing.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Love the flights.

Welcome aboard Mr and Mrs Morrow. Wine?
Yes please 2 each

30 mins later. How are you Guys doing?
Brilliant. 2 more please.

Snooze time

Ahh, awake now, time for some lunch and more wine please.

Snooze time

Ahh time for sandwiches. Ooh go on then some more wine.

Bye Virgin staff, awesome as always. See you in a Month.
Sounds like a lot of wine for someone who I think picks a car up from MCO.

If I'm driving on t'other side I don't touch the booze, even in Upper.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Quite indifferent to it really. I drink the wine, I eat most things (we do a bit if swapping as I'm not keen on gooey desserts) then I plug into a movie and generally fall asleep.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I love the whole experience, from leaving the house , kids putting Disney music on as soon as we set off.

The hotel the night before and then 9 hours where absolutely no one can ring me!

If we’re going from a local airport somewhere it sometimes doesn’t feel the same, you almost don’t get the build up like you do on a good drive.

I’m digressing now but also love driving to DLP as it’s part of the adventure.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
And who dreads it?
Do you think 9 hours of enforced Movie/TV watching is bliss?
Or do you have ants in your pants and hate sitting still?
Do you love the food and enjoy being waited on?
Or do you take a Greggs sausage roll?

For me personally I get really excited about the flight and an hour in Ive got the skymap on thinking ‘bloomin heck, another 8 hours’
Hi Adam, to us flying is a means to an end, admittedly UC or PE makes for a comfortable flight. Having encountered inedible food in all classes we always take a Boots meal deal apiece. We oft read our Nooks vs IFE. Don't sleep on return, UC beds too hard, recline and doze. We opt for the quiet TPE First train carriage to doze on the way home too.

One tip I was given many years ago by a chap who flew across the Atlantic almost weekly - once home don't go to bed, unpack, do the washing, anything to stay awake. Head to bed from 7pm onwards. Works for us, no jet lag.