Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jan 21, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Now I hope I’m not leaving the newer dibbers wondering but I look forward to the flight
If I’m flying with out DH
Why because after 38 years of marriage the only thing we don’t do well is sit next to each other on a plane even a very short Glasgow to London flight
He agitates me something awful getting up and down putting his meal try on my table to get up asking have you got my book pen headphones etc as they are all in my handbag under the seat even although when we get the seat belts off sign I say here’s you stuff all in a ziplock bag no it’s ok just you keep it 2 mins later can I have
And it goes on and on never mind the what time is it where are the car hire documents
What are we eating when we get to the villa
So we either fly different days or as far away from each other as possible.
I'm chuckling Helen as I know you two travel separately, but remember last March, us on Bokeelia, you up north a bit - looking to get home you asked Ian if BA might have 3 spare seats Whilst they didn't we still got sorted eventually. I know Icelandic customer service was appalling for you, we were lucky with KLM moving us to AA's Miami to LHR, and once I provided the code for PE the canny agent rebooked us in PE.

I'll always remember Mia, LHR and London being spookily quiet, as was Kings Cross and our train to Durham.

Helen, here's hoping we all get out to FL next winter. We've got UC tickets in credit with Virgin and plan to use them next winter (if they're still in business). Take care hin
Old 28 Jan 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Not me! I hate going on planes, its a means to an end for me. I dont like anything about it other than its taking me somewhere I really want to go! I love the night before where we travel to the airport and stay over etc, the morning where we get up super early because we are excited, when we go for breakfast, even when we wander over to the airport - but that flight reaaaaally scares me! 🙈🙈🙈
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Absolutely love flying so can’t wait. But I generally just enjoy the journey wherever we go, even it’s the couple of hours drive to Dorset
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Like many others have said our holiday starts the moment the front door shuts behind us. We can literally see Newcastle Airport from our house so getting there takes 5 minutes and more importantly so does getting back.

Most of our flights leave early morning so one of our traditions is getting a full breakfast before boarding, it’s just what we do. Anyone else noticed over years that this has went astronomical in price over the years from airports. Last family holiday to Florida we treat our whole crew to breakfast, came to just short of £100 hahaha

Flight itself is great as long as it is direct. Anything indirect is not for us. Done it once, saved £600 but was such a fanny on that by the time we got there we would have paid double to go direct.

Love the films, love the food, love the chance to talk to family once relaxed.

Edited at 08:31 AM.
levtweeney is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

I look forward to them. Was lucky to travel a lot with my previous job and always enjoyed flying and visiting new places, at times it was like being a tourist on an all expenses paid trip and all I had to do was go to work some of the time but evenings and weekends were mine. Travelling for pleasure is even better, the thrill of flying and of being away has never left me, and the past year has only underlined how much I enjoyed and needed it.
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Like many I love travel day, its probably the only time of year I dont drive.
We get taxi to the airport or if I can get a deal stay in one of the Mancester Airport Hotels.
As soon as the cases disappear down the conveyor I'm on holiday . We use one of the lounges as get deals or free via bank account. Yes we have a drink with breakfast and always a few on the plane, I even look forward to the airline food! We always use or did use Magical Express or if in Villa Car on the Drive so no driving when we land. Really not sure how things will be on next trip but who does? Just need to be able to go again soon.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House

Edited at 10:02 AM.
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Traveled loads with work and then it's just like using a bus.

Going to Florida though, that's an event! Don't sleep properly the night before, always stay in hotel the night before to ensure no on the day hassles. Up early, breakfast and a drink the airport - it's a rite of passage.

Get settled in, noise cancelling headphones on, get stuck into the selection of movies. Look in disbelief at the tracker to see we've still got 6 hours to go! I always drive so only have a single drink on the plane.

Coming back is never great but you do get the time to reflect on what an amazing time you've had and how worth it is to work hard to be able to enjoy it.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
I like it as in the fact I am forced to sit , relax and do nothing which is rare for me .
Also no WiFi or phone ringing makes me relax more , watch films, read and people watch lol.
Exactly the same for me - I seem to rarely sit down at home sometimes, so it was lovely to just relax, watch films and have food bought to me!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I used to but its strange the last time we went after about an hour I was really fed up.
I now have a large tablet and download my own stuff which I will use the next time we travel.
I always take my own food so if the on board food is good I class that as a bonus.
If when everything opens up and you have to wear a mask for 9 hours ( more if you include immigration )then that may be the straw that breaks the camels back
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I was never a fan of the flight at all. Back in the 80s when we first went I used to actually get sick and the smell of the food would set me off. Then I discovered Stugeron tablets and all was well and I could actually eat on the flight but as I got older and was actually responsible for taking toddlers on planes anxiety gets to me!

I usually have the whole cant sleep night before stuff as well and airports stress me out. I had started to get a little better with the whole thing, kids are adults now and i had travelled by myself even (only to Glasgow but still). Now I feel I have lost that confidence about feeling I knew what I was doing at the airport etc and will be back to square one again!

Masks were mentioned and for me that is also part of why I didnt try to grab a last minute flight to Glasgow on what was probably the only week we were not both in lockdown. Masks make me totally panicky (i had to be given a chair and water in Boots getting a prescription) so I just cant envisage wearing them travelling alone in an airport. Any slight problem at all and I would be in full on panic.

Anyway fingers crossed we will be on that Orlando flight sometime in the not too distant and will be delighted to be there!

Edited at 11:24 AM.
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List